• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Genesis Factor

Walter and Debbie

Sunday 9-15-24 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 11 5784 88th. Summer Day

Chapter 1

The Genesis Factor By William F. Dankenbring

A New Look at the
Mystery of GOD
Who or what is "God"? What is the Plan of God for human
beings? How does Jesus Christ, the "Word" of God, fit into
the picture? Here is surprising, mind-boggling TRUTH hidden
from mankind's prying eyes for thousands of years -- truth
which will dumfound and astound you!

What on planet earth is God Almighty doing?
All people have wondered, at some point in their lives, why they were born --
why God created the human race. As men gaze at the heavens, and see the resplendent
starts and far flung galaxies, they muse, "What is life all about?" "Why am I here?"
"Why was I born?"
Have these questions ever crossed your mind?
Why did God create man?
A careful study of the Bible reveals some amazing surprises -- the answers to
mysteries and riddles that have perplexed and mystified mankind for thousands of years!
"In the Beginning, GOD . . ."
The Hebrew Bible is written in consonants alone; vowels must be supplied by the
reader or interpreter. Thus many passages can have alternate translations or meanings,
such as the phrase in Genesis 1:1. The expression "Bere****h bara Elohim ha shemayim
va ha eretz" is usually translated in English (KJV) as "In the beginning (bere****h) God
(Elohim, technically a plural form of the word El, and can be translated "Mighty Ones")
created (bara) the heavens and the earth."

The word bere****h is a compound word and literally means be ("in") re****h
("beginning"), and the article "the" is supplied in the English language for understanding.
However, one could just as easily supply the article "a" as the Hebrew contains no article
whatsoever, so the expression could read: "In a beginning." In other words, not
necessarily the FIRST "beginning"! Another way to put it would be, "At some point
long, long ago," or simply, "Long, long ago," or "In the remote past."
The word interpreted as re****h can also be read as rosh, the Hebrew word for
"head." So the expression in Genesis 1:1 could read, "In the head God created the
heavens and the earth." Also, the word translated "created" (bara in Hebrew) is simply
the letters br and could also be interpreted as the Hebrew word for "son" (bar, as in bar
Jonah, meaning "son of Jonah"). Thus we could have the alternate reading: "In the
beginning (bere****h) [was] the SON OF GOD (bar Elohim), the heavens and the earth."
One more reading of this enigmatic and pregnant passage of Scripture would be
as follows: "In the head [was] the [or, "a"] Son of God."
Why are these variant readings possible? Because of the uniqueness of the
Hebrew language, all these meanings can be inferred or obtained from the simple Hebrew
letters that comprise the passage. All are possible. Which reading one chooses depends
on the context, and the understanding and choice of the reader. Of course, the reason
such a form is chosen by the Author in the first place is known only to Him -- but the
possibilities are exciting. Clearly, when we compare this with the New Testament, we
find several hints right in Genesis 1:1 of the pre-existence of Jesus Christ, the Logos, the
"Son of God."
Commenting on this amazing uniqueness of the Hebrew Scriptures of Genesis
1:1, Randolph Parrish, in an article entitled "The Fourth Jewish Sect," in Messianic
Outreach (1996), observed that the early Jewish-Nazarene Christians were well aware of
this fact -- a truth which has been buried and forgotten for almost 2,000 years. He writes
of the early Nazarene church:
"It was clear to them that the scriptures talked of nothing else [but the coming of
Messiah], quite literally from the very beginning. For example, the opening words
of Genesis 1:1 are usually translated as 'In the beginning . . .' But the Hebrew word
're****h' (beginning) can also have the meaning 'firstborn son.' And so, one could
translate this passage as 'In the firstborn son God created the heavens and the earth'
. . . Iraneus also translated this as 'The son in the beginning; then God created the
heavens and the earth' . . . Hilary said that 'b're****h' could have three possible
meanings: 'in the beginning'; 'in the head'; or 'in the son' . . . The modern French
author Danielou noted the comparison between these meanings and Col.1:15-18,
where Paul seems to write of the same three meanings: 'He is the image of the invisible
God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him were all things created . . . And he is
the head of the body . . . he is the beginning and the firstborn . . .' This would suggest,
according to Danielou, that there was an already extant rabbinical tradition of explaining
the passage in these several ways, which Paul employed" (p.11, Messianic Outreach).
Says Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the word reshiyth, used in Genesis 1:1,
the meanings are: "the first, in place, time, order or rank (spec. a firstfruit): -- beginning,

chief, (-est), first (-fruits, part, time), principal thing." Thus this passage can mean that
God created the heavens and the earth not only "in the beginning," but "in the firstfruits" -
- i.e., that is, "in Christ" who IS the "firstfruits." Note that He is called "the firstfruits"
(Greek, literally "firstfruit," singular) in I Corinthians 15:23. The passage can also mean
that God created the heavens and earth "in the principal one," i.e., in the "one of chief
rank or order." Again, this would refer to the One who became Christ, or the "Logos" of
God (John 1:1).
Thus we can have in this verse: "In the firstfruits [or, first fruit, or principal one]
God created the heavens and the earth."
Gesenius Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon adds to this astounding truth, showing this
Hebrew word literally means: "head, chief . . . 1) beginning . . . 2) a former state . . . 3)
the first of its kind -- with regard to time, first fruits, Gen.49:3, 'first fruits of my
strength,' i.e., first born . . . first fruits of things created by him, Prov.8:22 . . ." Thus, we
can also have: "In the firstborn God created the heavens and the earth." And who is the
"first born"? The One who became Jesus Christ! Notice!
The Mystery Deepens
In a parallel passage in the New Testament -- John 1:1 -- we find a reprise of this
verse with a new slant or interpretation put on it by the apostle John, showing that this
enigmatic verse actually refers to none other than the introduction of the Pre-existent
"Word" of God who was also the "Son of God." Notice: "In the beginning was the Word
[Greek, Logos], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in
the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any
thing made that was made. In him was life . . ."
(John 1:1-4). Verse 14 goes on, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace
and truth."
Thus the "first fruit" or "first born" of Genesis1:1 was the One who became Jesus
Christ!
John refers to the "Word" of God as the "only begotten" Son of God! So the
"Word" who was with God in the beginning was the "first fruit" or "first born" Son
mentioned in Genesis 1:1, and He was "with God" -- that is, He was with God the
"Father."
The Hebrew word for "God" in Genesis 1:1 is Elohim, being the plural form for
El, or "Mighty One." Therefore, Elohim literally means "the Mighty Ones." Why the
plural form? Because there were TWO INDIVIDUALS who did the Creating -- the
Father and His only begotten Son!
Stage Two -- the Creation of MAN

Thus amazing truth is brought out further in the first chapter of Genesis by the
expression used of God in the creation of mankind. Notice! God says, in Genesis 1:26,
"And God [Elohim, "the Mighty Ones"] said, Let US make man in OUR image, after
OUR likeness: and let them have dominion [rulership, that is, to govern the rest of
creation!] . . . So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;
male and female created he them. And God blessed them" (v.27-28).
The "God" who made Adam and Eve was ONE GOD, but in two Persons -- One
was the Father, and the other was His "Son." Mankind was made in the very image of
God Himself, only made out of flesh and blood -- the dust of the ground. Nevertheless,
we were made with a creative, thinking mind like that of God, with powers, abilities and
capacities that reflect the Divine, only on a physical, not a spiritual, scale.
We were created to have DOMINION -- that is, to RULE -- just as God Himself
rules over His creation. Thus we were created to be His own reflections and likeness --
ultimately to become like HIM, as His children, His expanded FAMILY, with the purpose
of joining Him in ruling over His Creation -- and in adding TO that Creation as the
Kingdom of God expands into the infinity of eternity!

To be continued.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Walter and Debbie

Friday 9-20-24 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 16 5784 93rd. Summer Day

Continued from: The Genesis Factor by William F. Dankenbring

The apostle Paul also wrote, "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened that ye may know what is the hope of
his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his INHERITANCE in the saints, and what
is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working
of his mighty power, which he wrought in Christ . . . and set him at his own right hand in
the heavenly places, far above all principality and power, and might, and dominion, and
every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come; and
hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the HEAD over all things to the
church, which is HIS BODY, the fullness of him that filleth all in all" (Eph.1:17-23).
All things were created in Christ, the Logos, at Creation, and all things that are to
be created also will be "under his feet," under His dominion and control, that He will be
"all in all."
The Origin of the "Word" of God
When, or how, did the "Logos" come into being? Paul wrote to the Hebrews,
"God . . . hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir
of all things, BY WHOM also he made the worlds [the entire universe!]; who being the
brightness of his glory, and the express IMAGE of his person, and upholding all things by
the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right
hand of the
Majesty on high" (Heb.1:1-3).
Christ, the Logos, was the FIRST one made "in the IMAGE" of God the Father --
at Creation -- before the "beginning" of everything else -- for He was used by the Father
in creating everything else! What is an "image"? Look at yourself in the mirror. You
will see your "image" or "likeness" reflected there. An "image" is a visible likeness or
representation. But notice! An "image" is NEVER THE ORIGINAL! It is always a
"copy" that is "patterned" after the "original." Since Christ is here plainly called "the
IMAGE" of God's person, He is of necessity the COPY of the person of God the Father!
Thus the Logos was not the original. He himself was "patterned" or "made" into the
"image" of God the Father!
We also, today, are being conformed and shaped, by human testing, trials, and
experiences, into conformity to that very same image! We are being 'TRANSFORMED,"
by the renewing of our mind (Rom.12:2). Christ's own character is being formed IN us --
as Paul wrote, "My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed
IN you" (Gal.4:19).
What Do You Mean, "ALL THINGS"?
Jesus Christ is "the firstborn among MANY BRETHREN" (Rom.8:29). As Paul
wrote to the Hebrew Christians, "For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the

world to come, whereof we speak. But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is
MAN, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? . . . Thou
hast put ALL THINGS in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection
under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see NOT YET all things
put under him" (Heb.2:5-8).
What does this strange passage of Scripture mean? What does God mean, "All
things"? Is it really possible? Does He REALLY mean, "ALL things"?
If we take God at His Word, literally, then it should be obvious that "All things"
means EVERYTHING! And "Everything" means THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE -- ALL
CREATION!
Even the very angels, cherubim, seraphim, and archangels themselves!
Most "Christians" have assumed that God's purpose with mankind is just to
"restore" man to some sort of "Garden of Eden" existence, before the "fall" of Adam and
Eve. Many have believed that God's plan is for mankind to eventually just become "like
the angels" in heaven. But if God wanted us to become "angels," then why didn't He
create us as angels in the first place? Why make us HUMAN first?
Does that really make any sense? Of course not!
Paul himself puts the lie to this belief. He shows its utter falseness and
foolishness and emptiness. Paul wrote to the Corinthian church, "Know ye not that we
shall JUDGE ANGELS?" (I Cor.6:3). If we are destined eventually to "JUDGE" the
angels, then in our ultimate calling we must be OVER them in authority and greater than
angels in POWER!
Therefore, take another look at exactly what God says in Hebrews, chapter 2.
Remember, this passage is actually quoted from the words of David in Psalm 8. Paul
quoted, "Thou has put ALL THINGS under his feet . . . But now we see not yet all things
put under him" (Heb.2:8).
"All things" therefore must include the very angelic beings in heaven!
But we do not yet see "all things" under our feet -- this "inheritance" is yet
FUTURE! We must qualify, overcome, endure to the end, persevere, and THEN we will
"inherit all things" (Rev.21:7). "He that endureth to the END shall be saved"
(Matt.24:13).
All this is being done through Christ, the Messiah! Paul continued in Hebrews,
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death,
crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every
man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing
MANY SONS UNTO GLORY, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through

sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are ALL OF ONE [all
one Family, all of God the Father, all CHILDREN of God!]: for which cause he [Christ]
is not ashamed to call them brethren" (Heb.2:9-11).
Truly, this calling is a calling to "GLORY"! We will share in the very "glory" of
God Himself! Imagine that, if you can!
Jesus Himself wrote of His pre-existent glory with the Father, as the Logos of
God. He declared in His final prayer before His execution on the stake: "Father, the hour
is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son may also glorify thee. As thou hast given him
power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus
Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work
which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with THINE OWN
SELF with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (John 17:1-5).
The Logos shared in the "glory" of God the Father before the world, before the
Creation of the universe. Notice that He, the Logos-become-Jesus-Christ, referred to the
Father as "the ONLY TRUE GOD." Even Christ, as the firstfruits of God, His firstborn,
worships God the Father as His own Creator-Father!
But what about this awesome "glory" which He had?
Jesus goes on, in this very prayer: "Keep through thine own NAME those whom
thou hast given me, that they may be one as we are" (John 17:11). He went on, "Neither
pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
that they may all BE ONE; as thou, Father, art IN ME, and I IN THEE, that they also
may be ONE IN US" -- that is, all joined together in perfect unity and harmony in the
GOD FAMILY, God's Spirit indwelling each one of us even as it dwells in the Father and
Christ! (v.20-21).
Christ continued, "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them: that
they may be ONE, even as WE are one: I in them, and thou in me; that they may be
made PERFECT IN ONE" (John 17:22-23).
We will, as the very SONS of God, like Christ, SHARE HIS ETERNAL GLORY
ITSELF -- THE GLORY OF GOD! We will radiate that glory, we will SHINE forth, we
will dazzle the Universe with our resplendent eye-blinding glory!
Isn't this really awesome? It is so simple. It is the truth. The world and its
religious folk may deny it, and think of it as "heresy," but that is because they are
BLINDED to the truth of God, and don't understand the true gospel message that Jesus
Christ brought!
We need to get a grip on these things, and never forget them -- never let them go!

To be continued.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited: