• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Graveyard of Dead Avatars

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Show your old, currently unused avatars in this thread.

upload_2022-9-3_14-47-15.jpeg

This was one I was using. I own a t-shirt with this design, I'm actually wearing it right now. I took an existing picture similar to this and cropped out the parts that were completely black. This came from a Syntheist website.
upload_2022-9-3_14-49-11.png

i found this on a website. I really like this image, however, it's hard to see with my dark reader extension which inverts all the colors on this website. I found this on a website that was talking about both the Quakers and Unitarian Universalists. I like how when I used this image the default color of the website would be its background, given the fact that much of this picture is transparent. It makes it look natural and helps it blend in with everything else.

The current avatar I am using now is one of the AI generated images I created and cropped. It's supposed to be the Sun, and does a great job illustrating that.

Now let's see your old avatars.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure why the last one didn't load...

upload_2022-9-3_16-42-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-9-3_16-41-24.png
    upload_2022-9-3_16-41-24.png
    3 MB · Views: 1

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've only used my skull avatar on RF except for 24 hours when some members used a pic of themselves.

DSC332623.jpg

I sometimes used this on another forum i was on.

0000.jpg

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I've lost the avatar that was my favorite.......I don't know what art theme would describe it. I use many, interchanging them as the mood fits. That favorite was a clouded representation of St. Michael defeating the devil. The reason I liked it had no religious connection. I saw it as a male protecting the female not protecting his god. To me when you love someone you protect the interest of that someone even more than trying to impregnate that someone. I apologize if it seems obtuse....

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Find below a list of all my retired avatars, no longer used here.

Retired avatars? Me? No, no, no. I've used my little shield for almost ten years now.

Exaltist Ethan

Now in the graveyard: An AI image depicting the Sun.
Sun.jpg

My current avatar is an infinity mirror. If I had enough money I would buy an infinity mirror as decoration, they're really cool.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Here are all my old avatars, ordered chronologically;

That's right. None. You young whipper-snappers, tossing aside perfectly good avatars at the drop of a hat. Wasteful, that's what it is. Back in my day, we were lucky if we got to share an avatar. Your parents would hand you down an avatar from your great grandfather. Sure, it would be sepia coloured, and a little battered around the edges, but by God you'd love that avatar. You'd spit polish it every damn morning. And not your watery millennial spit, either. This was the type of spit that got us through fourteen world wars and Black Friday shopping. The sort that could punch a hole through a Nazi tank...

Wait, what are we talking about?

Exaltist Ethan

Here are all my old avatars, ordered chronologically;

That's right. None. You young whipper-snappers, tossing aside perfectly good avatars at the drop of a hat. Wasteful, that's what it is. Back in my day, we were lucky if we got to share an avatar. Your parents would hand you down an avatar from your great grandfather. Sure, it would be sepia coloured, and a little battered around the edges, but by God you'd love that avatar. You'd spit polish it every damn morning. And not your watery millennial spit, either. This was the type of spit that got us through fourteen world wars and Black Friday shopping. The sort that could punch a hole through a Nazi tank...

Wait, what are we talking about?

That spoiler made me laugh quite a bit. Thank you Lewis I really needed that. :)

I decided to go back to the Sun avatar because I really like it. So now I've got two more "dead" pictures, to show: the avatar and signature I used in the interim.

This is all Nine Divines of the Imperial Pantheon in the Elder Scrolls series.

upload_2022-10-9_13-38-26.jpeg

And these are their murals, used in the signature.

I like both, and they tied in together really well with the thread I created about Fictional Religions but I have a stronger connection to the Sun avatar in general as a pantheist. Ultimately all the energy and gravity of Earth comes from the Sun and it's much easier to see than the Nine Divines avatar I was using. The avatar looks great when it's large but when pinned up as a small avatar in every thread it's hard to distinguish what it's even supposed to be. Well, I at least cleared it up that both of these images are about the Imperial Pantheon. I got the avatar on a YouTube thumbnail and the murals signature came from this website.

And now they're dead and in the graveyard...