• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hidden Things In Life

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Personally, I think all of the miracles in the Bible are in there for a reason. I believe they’re there to let us know that there are some things in life that can’t be explained by regular conventions. Personally, I have found some of these things out. If you’ve never sought these things I would encourage you to give it a try. It can be pretty rewarding.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Personally, I think all of the miracles in the Bible are in there for a reason. I believe they’re there to let us know that there are some things in life that can’t be explained by regular conventions. Personally, I have found some of these things out. If you’ve never sought these things I would encourage you to give it a try. It can be pretty rewarding.
I would say such stories are there to inspire but I believe none of it happened.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, the inexplicable, sublime, and wondrous is found in many storytelling traditions. There's something about the human species that enjoys a good mystery, it seems.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Yes, the inexplicable, sublime, and wondrous is found in many storytelling traditions. There's something about the human species that enjoys a good mystery, it seems.
Why do you feel you need to bring up all the other traditions when I mention the Bible? Every single thread I make you do that. I think we’re all aware of the many traditions with fantastical things. Just because I talk about the Bible doesn’t mean I hate other traditions. Should I start prefacing every thread I make about the Bible with other traditions because you seem to take offense?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you feel you need to bring up all the other traditions when I mention the Bible? Every single thread I make you do that. I think we’re all aware of the many traditions with fantastical things. Just because I talk about the Bible doesn’t mean I hate other traditions.
I'm a little confused by this response and I think there's some misunderstanding of how our forums work here. The forum is divided into a number of different areas that are suited for different kinds of conversations:

You posted this thread in "General Religious Debates" which is a subforum open for all members to respond and debate regardless of their religious tradition (or lack thereof).
There is another area called "Interfaith Discussion" which is intended for responses from all members as well but for discussion only.
And finally there are DIRs, which are restricted spaces only for discussions amongst members of those specifi traditions.

There are a few more areas than that, but those are the main ones. I responded to your thread because you posted it in a place where I (and everyone else) is permitted to respond to it. It's not an attack on you or your tradition in any way. It sounds like you meant to post this in the Christian DIR? Please feel free to request the staff move any of your threads if you placed them in the incorrect place for the kinds of discussions you wanted.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I'm a little confused by this response and I think there's some misunderstanding of how our forums work here. The forum is divided into a number of different areas that are suited for different kinds of conversations:

You posted this thread in "General Religious Debates" which is a subforum open for all members to respond and debate regardless of their religious tradition (or lack thereof).
There is another area called "Interfaith Discussion" which is intended for responses from all members as well but for discussion only.
And finally there are DIRs, which are restricted spaces only for discussions amongst members of those specifi traditions.

There are a few more areas than that, but those are the main ones. I responded to your thread because you posted it in a place where I (and everyone else) is permitted to respond to it. It's not an attack on you or your tradition in any way. It sounds like you meant to post this in the Christian DIR? Please feel free to request the staff move any of your threads if you placed them in the incorrect place for the kinds of discussions you wanted.
It wasn’t a mistake. I didn’t take it as an attack, but why do you mention that every single thread I make about the Bible of all the other religions in the world? Do you feel attacked?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It wasn’t a mistake. I didn’t take it as an attack, but why do you mention that every single thread I make about the Bible of all the other religions in the world? Do you feel attacked?
So... to paint a picture of my level of confusion, I just now realized you aren't, actually, a new member to the forum and just an old member who recently changed their username. Thus, in my brain, I'm going "what is this new user going on about... I have only replied to like one other thread of theirs, I am very confused now!" I think I know who you are (were?) now though. Still confused about how a remark admiring that the value of miracles is understood in many traditions and that humans like a good mystery sounded problematic to you, but we are were we are.

In any case, two reasons, I think. The main reason is simple numbers - few are posting new threads about religious topics on this site so there are not that many to respond to. Many of us (myself included) came here specifically to talk about the world's religions so we're going to reply more often to threads about that topic. When not many folks create threads, well... yeah. It's a simple numbers thing, really. But beyond that, what folks will write will be an extension of who they are and what they know. Part of the point of RF is for folks of diverse backgrounds and (ir)religions to come together to share knowledge and experiences. I don't feel comfortable speaking to Biblical traditions because that isn't what I know, but I and other members may still have something of value to contribute. Like, say, appreciating how miracles are relevant in many traditions as a point of connection and common kinship.

That was the spirit of my response, so... yeah. I'm just confused. Truly, if you don't want non-Biblical perspectives in threads you make, please post them in places that make that apparent. There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to limit discussion or debate to like-minded traditions.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
So... to paint a picture of my level of confusion, I just now realized you aren't, actually, a new member to the forum and just an old member who recently changed their username. Thus, in my brain, I'm going "what is this new user going on about... I have only replied to like one other thread of theirs, I am very confused now!" I think I know who you are (were?) now though. Still confused about how a remark admiring that the value of miracles is understood in many traditions and that humans like a good mystery sounded problematic to you, but we are were we are.

In any case, two reasons, I think. The main reason is simple numbers - few are posting new threads about religious topics on this site so there are not that many to respond to. Many of us (myself included) came here specifically to talk about the world's religions so we're going to reply more often to threads about that topic. When not many folks create threads, well... yeah. It's a simple numbers thing, really. But beyond that, what folks will write will be an extension of who they are and what they know. Part of the point of RF is for folks of diverse backgrounds and (ir)religions to come together to share knowledge and experiences. I don't feel comfortable speaking to Biblical traditions because that isn't what I know, but I and other members may still have something of value to contribute. Like, say, appreciating how miracles are relevant in many traditions as a point of connection and common kinship.

That was the spirit of my response, so... yeah. I'm just confused. Truly, if you don't want non-Biblical perspectives in threads you make, please post them in places that make that apparent. There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to limit discussion or debate to like-minded traditions.
The comment wasn’t problematic. Every thread I make about the Bible you bring up all the other world religions. I post here not in DIR so anybody can respond. If you Wanna talk about the world’s religions then maybe you should make your own thread.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Well, if you’re truly genuine and really want to talk about the similar things in other religions when I post something on the Bible , then that’s fine but it started to feel like you’re just doing it because you think I have a problem with other religions.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The comment wasn’t problematic. Every thread I make about the Bible you bring up all the other world religions. I post here not in DIR so anybody can respond. If you Wanna talk about the world’s religions then maybe you should make your own thread.
Okay, you've still lost me on this and I don't understand where you are coming from. Sorry about that.

Well, if you’re truly genuine and really want to talk about the similar things when I post something on the Bible in regards to other religions, then that’s fine but it started to feel like you’re just doing it because you think I have a problem with other religions.
Huh? Nah, man, don't sweat it. Relax. Even if I did think that my brain just ain't wired that way. :sweat:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Okay, you've still lost me on this and I don't understand where you are coming from. Sorry about that.

Huh? Nah, man, don't sweat it. Relax. Even if I did think that my brain just ain't wired that way. :sweat:
Cool

my aplogies then

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
And miracles/paranormal events are happening to this day. If they were just in the Bible and not in modern times then I would doubt the Bible.