• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Identity of God in Baha'i Fatih.

tjgillies

Hello sweet ones ;)

Could you please advise in this?
The identity of God? I'm new here so i m not sure I understand the question but bahais believe the essence of God is incomprehensible and that we can only know his qualities through the manifestations that he sends e.g. Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, The Bab, Bahaullah

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Apologies, I thought there were known attributes for the person of God like the Trinity in Catholicism.

Thank you for the answer :)

arthra

Baha'i
God is One and He has sent His Messengers and Prophets (we identify some as Manifestations of God..They are independent Prophets that bring new Holy Books and ordinances, while some Prophets are dependent or under the shadow of the Manifestations) as He has promised not to leave humanity alone without Divine Guidance... The attributes and Names of God are also recognized as we Baha'is accept a calendar that has named each day and month after an attribute of God... We also acknowledge that God has an Unknowable Essence ...