• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Journey Begins...

Hello everybody,

Just a quick introduction from a new member.

A little bit about myself and why I'm here. I was never brought up in a religious household. Though both my parents were raised Catholic, they decided not to push their beliefs on me and let me formulate them myself when I was old enough (or had the inclination... whichever came first).

Well, the time has come, where I’ve become quite interested in religion and spirituality and the nature of God. I’ve been studying all the major religions, looking for one that makes the most sense to me (my jumping off point has been reading The Bible, the Torah, the Qu’Ran, and the Dhammapada).

So I'm here to see what other people are up to on their spiritual journeys, and maybe learn a few things to help me on my own.

Cheers everybody!

what do you hope to gain by your journey/what do you hope to lose?

I hope to gain a greater understanding of God and the Universe (perhaps even the discovery that they are one and the same).

I hope to lose any misconceptions I may have about faiths I don't yet understand and about ten pounds.

Jeremy Mason

Hello everybody,

Just a quick introduction from a new member.

A little bit about myself and why I'm here. I was never brought up in a religious household. Though both my parents were raised Catholic, they decided not to push their beliefs on me and let me formulate them myself when I was old enough (or had the inclination... whichever came first).

Well, the time has come, where I’ve become quite interested in religion and spirituality and the nature of God. I’ve been studying all the major religions, looking for one that makes the most sense to me (my jumping off point has been reading The Bible, the Torah, the Qu’Ran, and the Dhammapada).

So I'm here to see what other people are up to on their spiritual journeys, and maybe learn a few things to help me on my own.

Cheers everybody!

Welcome to the club. Your summary sounds a lot like mine.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend StudentOfGod,
Welcome once again to RF.
The right place to religion is any place provided one allows their inner nature to take them on that jouney and that itself is the journey to create the atmosphere to enable our inner nature to comeout and be free and we are free in flowing with that energy.
Best Wishes.
Love & rgds