• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Land of Nod

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Hey peoples, I've been working on establishing my own cultist group! I'm not particularly tech-savvy, but here's what I got of a website so far:
Home - The Land of Nod

This Land of Nod is a religious group combined with a micronation. This is exactly what it sounds like - a miniature nation that spreads specific religious values. For more information on micronations, see the following link: Micronation - MicroWiki

Our goals are to influence as many people as possible through our recruitment and teaching, and to reinforce current non-Christians by giving them a group to associate with. Traditionally, non-Christians have been isolated and marginalized by the Christian supermajority - this is because Christians, in general, are numerous and unified at least on a local level in churches, whereas other religious practitioners are too few in number to hold similar influence, and atheists have a tendency to operate independently in addition to being one of the most hated minorities in the country (it has been said that organizing atheists is like herding cats).

We wish to bring those who are against God out into the open. The more open non-Christians there are wandering about, the more people will come to realize that it's ok to be a non-Christian. The Land of Nod is here so we can provide support for each other just as Christians do with their churches, as well as to have fun with it.

I don't want to develop the ideology too much this early on (I want new recruits to have some say in the matter), but in general, the cult is aimed to be anti-God, anti-conservative, and somewhat pro-collectivist.

In general, my personal religious one-liner is this:
Reality is god, and the State is* Its Church.
*(or rather, should be)

Reality punishes and rewards justly based on adherence to Its Holy Law(s of Physics). If you attempt to disobey the Law of Gravity, you will fall down. If you pick up snow with your bare hands, you will feel cold. If you rely on faith healing instead of going to a real doctor, you will suffer severe discomfort and possibly die, depending on what needs healed. And so on.
Belief in an intervening, personal "God" violates the sanctity of reality. It is neither possible nor morally decent for this "God" to violate the Holy Law(s of Physics).

Would any of you nice people like to join us? (Sign up on the thread, I don't know how a membership function on the site would work yet :eek:).