• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Madness of Crispin Glover

nutshell

For you who know him, what do you think of Crispin Glover? My wife and I like his movies. I was first introduced to him in Back to the Future and I really liked his character. As the Thin Man he was the best thing about the Charlie's Angels movies. What many may not know is he has great leading roles in films he often creates himself. They aren't well know, but they represent his best work. I really enjoy Bartleby and this weekend my wife and I just finished Williard. I loved it!

Anyway, I searched youtube for more Crispin Glover and ran into some crazy stuff. I think I love it, but it's so odd - maybe that's why I love it. Anyway, here's a taste of what I'm talking about. This is his music video called Clowny Clown Clown. Enjoy and discuss.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbCiac03ycQ

nutshell

13 people have looked at this, but not commented. Come on...don't ignore the madness. What did you think? Genius or stupid?

nutshell

doppelgänger said:
I remember watching his appearance on Letterman's old NBC show when it first aired.

Ever seen it? The nutininess runs deep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujtiu46OXR4

The assertion is that he was on acid during this interview. Could be. I don't know.

I did see that. It was bizzare. Did you see his next appearance a few years later? He was fairly down to earth, but Letterman let him have it for the previous appearance. It was at this second appearance that he promoted "Clowny Clown Clown" which I posted in the OP.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
nutshell said:
I did see that. It was bizzare. Did you see his next appearance a few years later? He was fairly down to earth, but Letterman let him have it for the previous appearance. It was at this second appearance that he promoted "Clowny Clown Clown" which I posted in the OP.

No. This thread was the first time I'd seen the "Clowny Clown Clown" thing. I saw him a few years ago promoting his allegedly acid-induced cinematic piece "What is it?"

He actually has some decent screen presence. I thought he was pretty effective as the eerily silent henchman in that otherwise pretty awful "Charlie's Angels" movie. And, of course, there's McFly . . .