• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mihrab in the Home?

Parzival

Every time I go to a new masjid I am drawn to the mihrab. There is just something about it that I love, and I was thinking about it tonight and how it would be cool to have a small box of some sort that could be designed in a similar manner for use for prayer in the home. I figured this was probably something that was widely done, only because it seems so neat to me and I find it hard to believe that many others haven't had a thought along similar lines in the past. I had assumed when I thought of it that there are probably hundreds or thousands of various designs available for purchase as well as a slew of instructional website and videos on how to make your own.... and wow was I wrong. In fact I couldn't find a single one. I found plenty of beautiful images of amazing mihrabs in Islamic architecture but nothing small and portable that captures something of that same feeling. Have any of the RF Muslims out there ever seen or heard of something like this? And if so, do you have any tips on making one?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I find it a good idea to have a Mihrab at home :) But I am sorry I can't help or give tips on how to make one. May be you should google images of the Mihrab and find out a way to make one.

sssquared

Just wait a few weeks (maybe a bit longer), my studio, Studio Senbel architecture + design is developing a line of accessories for Mosque + Home. They will be on sale online.

Parzival

Just wait a few weeks (maybe a bit longer), my studio, Studio Senbel architecture + design is developing a line of accessories for Mosque + Home. They will be on sale online.

That's wonderful! I really think it is a market that is open. I thought about making stuff and trying to sell it but just don't have the time.

Starsoul

Truth
That's wonderful! I really think it is a market that is open. I thought about making stuff and trying to sell it but just don't have the time.

I think thats a great business idea, there is also a lot of market for islmaic stuff in the western countries, from clothes to household stuff, prayer mats, prayer caps, authentic literature about prayers, beliefs etc, and halal meat offcorse :D huge market!

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
1477404230_d6ed834835.jpg

a nice Mihrab :)