• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the name of (muhammad ) in the bible

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
So, what's the point? I'm no biblical scholar, but it's my understanding that there are many names in the Bible, isn't that true? What are you trying to say by telling people that muhammad's name is in the Bible? What is that supposed to signify? Can you tell us with your own thoughts and words?

yassin

So, what's the point? I'm no biblical scholar, but it's my understanding that there are many names in the Bible, isn't that true? What are you trying to say by telling people that muhammad's name is in the Bible? What is that supposed to signify? Can you tell us with your own thoughts and words?
The point,in short, is to prove the truth of Muhammad' s prophecy.
when you watch the movie, you will know what i mean.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Well, didn't have anything else to do for 20 min., so I watched the movie.

The entire video focuses on the pronunciation and interpretation of "altogether lovely" in Song of Soloman into "Mahamaddim" or Muhammad.

What I find most interesting is that this erotic poem is used to exclaim a hidden prophesy about Muhammad. With absolutely nothing to go on other than a descriptive word for a very handsome fellow, that happens to sound like the name of an Arab prophet. What of the rest of the poem? What of the dark tanned Shulamite? What is the relationship between her and "Muhammad"? Where does the little sister with no breasts come into the prophesy? What of the mentioning of Solomon by name elsewhere in the Song?
Muhammad's name itself means "one who is most praised" in Arabic. Are all mentions of a person who is most praised really talking about Muhammad?

Basically, it's very thin, and about as verifiable as some Christians claim that the Song is prophesying Jesus.

It's an erotic love poem. A beautiful one at that, but not a prophesy in any sense of the word.

no-body

I'm not sure which is more likely, that every single Jewish person is in a conspiracy to change a hebrew word in their book to cover up Islam and Muhammad's veracity or that perhaps Muslims are seeing what they want to see and blaming the Jews as usual. Hrmmm... such a conundrum.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
The point,in short, is to prove the truth of Muhammad' s prophecy.
when you watch the movie, you will know what i mean.

What is muhammad's prophesy? Why must it be proven? Isn't 'prophecy' direct communication from a divine being to a human? It seems to me if a god were to communicate something to muhammad, then that communication would stand on its own merit. God/allah doesn't speak untruths, does he? Why would communication from allah need a twenty-minute video to make it believable or to validate it?

And finally, here's a little piece of friendly advice, though I would never presume to tell you how to express your arguments on RF, I'm just trying to help you out . . . Most people would rather read YOUR thoughts on relative subjects rather than be asked to sit through a twenty-minute video relating to a particular topic. That doesn't mean that video's and other resource material can't be helpful and perhaps even essential in some cases for validating an argument or statements of fact. But if all of us simply posted video's rather than clearly writing our own thoughts and arguments down, then, well, this would be youtube instead of RF. No disrespect intended, I'm just trying to help you get your message across in a medium that others will take seriously.

xkatz

It's funny how there are about 3 or 4 threads on this subject, all of which refer to that one video.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

yassin

And finally, here's a little piece of friendly advice, though I would never presume to tell you how to express your arguments on RF, I'm just trying to help you out . . . Most people would rather read YOUR thoughts on relative subjects rather than be asked to sit through a twenty-minute video relating to a particular topic. That doesn't mean that video's and other resource material can't be helpful and perhaps even essential in some cases for validating an argument or statements of fact. But if all of us simply posted video's rather than clearly writing our own thoughts and arguments down, then, well, this would be youtube instead of RF. No disrespect intended, I'm just trying to help you get your message across in a medium that others will take seriously.[/quote]

Thank you for your advice, i'll keep it in mind