• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New World Order

drsatish

The New World Order
There is much talk about the ‘coming’ New World Order…
But I am a little confused….
Is it…
The New World Order envisaged by
The New World Order in Bible prophecy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(politics)
Illuminati: New World Order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bilderberg Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)
The New World Order, an Overview
Al-Qaeda — Infoplease.com
Man! I got a short life….less than 100 years…
Now I am almost 2 years old!
Can you please tell me what the New World Order is GOING to BE?
..so that I can join the right schools,
….tune myself to the right orientation
….and ACQUIRE the right contacts…in face book?
Satish

BruceDLimber

As a Baha'i, I--for one--endorse and look forward to the New World Order as described in the link you posted above (which in part contains the sequence "Bah").

Best regards, :)

Bruce

Wombat

I can only give an answer from my own hope/perspective...

The New World Order is GOING to BE the global awareness that the fact that we share a planet is more important than any notion of 'Nation'...that our Nations are interdependent and that citizens are, ever increasingly- Global Citizens.

The New World Order is driven by economic, environmental, humanitarian and evolutionary imperatives...we are 'one planet', what happens in one country can effect us all.

Many of the requirements of a World Order are practical pragmatic- the world needs a universal standard of wieghts and measures for trade, likewise environmental standards, an auxillary global language and international cooperation on justice issues.

In short...we have reached the stage of human development that requires some form of Global Governance...and...just like at every previous stage- from village to town- town to city- city to city/state- city/state to State- States to Nations....we are uncertain about what such "Governance" could/should look like and often aprehensive about it involving those strange strangers next door.

That we have a great deal of caution, fear and aprehension about what the New World Order represents....some see it as a surreptitious global take over...some see it as the work of the AntiChrist in the final days...and some, like myself, see it as humanity passing through adolescence and reaching a mature recognition that we are- One People- One Planet.

And that if we wish to remain so we need to take responsibility for looking after each and every family member and the home we live in.

:)

Wombat

I'm just glad it wasn't the Nazi's New World Order.

Yup...and for me the important thing to remember is that it took a united planet to make sure that Nazi's New World Order didn't happen...and that included the sacrifice of some 20 million Russians that we (in the West) frequently fail to recognise and honor.

My dear old dad (having lived through the war) had one piece of repeated advice- “Be vigilant- Fascism never wears the same uniform twice”.
In considering the New World Order it is a timely caution....we need greater global governance, it must be free, open, transparent and Democratic...Fascists will attempt to make it otherwise and they won’t be wearing swastikas or SS badges.

Wombat

doppelgänger;2471149 said:
And listen to Mr. Jensen's speech in Network, which pretty well sums it up.

Like I said in #5-“Be vigilant- Fascism never wears the same uniform twice”.

Jensen is right in that his "Biu$ne$$" cosmology has been arround since the dawn of time...so too has resistance to it.

If Jensens cosmology prevails it will not be because that is the way the world is ("law of nature") or because that is the way the world should be...If Jensens cosmology prevails it will be as a consequence of our collective inaction...our allowing it to be so.

As it has always been...it is our choice, oportunity and responsibility to make it otherwise.

Jensens is not the face of the New World Order...unless we let it be.

Sultan Of Swing

An ideal New World Order, where everyone will be united, would be great.
But alas, it just takes one crackpot to ascend to the top spot and then we're in trouble. Well, I'm sure there would be some government law in place that would allow some kind of global congress to sack him/her, but still, it's a possibility.

mohammed_beiruti

The New World Order
There is much talk about the ‘coming’ New World Order…
But I am a little confused….
Is it…
The New World Order envisaged by
The New World Order in Bible prophecy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(politics)
Illuminati: New World Order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bilderberg Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)
The New World Order, an Overview
Al-Qaeda — Infoplease.com
Man! I got a short life….less than 100 years…
Now I am almost 2 years old!
..so that I can join the right schools,
….tune myself to the right orientation
….and ACQUIRE the right contacts…in face book?
Satish

you have no place, you gentile!

Wombat

An ideal New World Order, where everyone will be united, would be great.
But alas, it just takes one crackpot to ascend to the top spot and then we're in trouble. Well, I'm sure there would be some government law in place that would allow some kind of global congress to sack him/her, but still, it's a possibility.

Let's try that from the mindset of those who faced the prospect of a National Republic/Democracy-

"An ideal National Democracy, where everyone will be united, would be great.
But alas, it just takes one crackpot to ascend to the top spot and then we're in trouble.".........

1/ No Democracy, no system of Governance is "ideal"...there will always be problems and issues to guard against....alas, the need for governance outweighs the potential concerns.

2/ In a Democracy when we realise we have voted in "one crackpot" or many we vote them out again...beyond that we stand armed with Constitution/Courts...beyond that we stand with faith in the common sense of our military...beyond that we stand with the resisting will off the people against any "one crackpot".

I would suggest that in the face of free Media, the Net and Telecommunications it is increasingly difficult for "one crackpot" to get away with being much more than a "crackpot" ;)