• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The older I get...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The older I get, the less I am certain I know anything, and the more I think there might be an exception to every rule. Does this reflect the natural loss of brain cells that accompanies aging, or am I onto something?

Pah

Uber all member
Sunstone said:
The older I get, the less I am certain I know anything, and the more I think there might be an exception to every rule. Does this reflect the natural loss of brain cells that accompanies aging, or am I onto something?

Assuming you speak of things human, the second epiphany allows the elder to really know something. Get on with getting onto it!!!!!

-pah-

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Sunstone said:
As you experience more of life you are seeing that everying isn't always black and white. Your just in a constant state of learing;)

Lightkeeper

The fool thinks he has all of the answers, the wise person knows he has none. Some of us get wiser with age, some of us don't.

the_blessed_guy

changing features like names and forms never happen all of sudden they take shape konwn by some names at any particualar state in the rigorous prcess of changing to change themselves sometimes completely just next moment ! and here relative plane of ability to define is working sometimes and old age with characteristic of lossing brain or memory is best suited example of changing feautures of human physical existence ! how finest v can see the happening of any change of even our brain is irrelevent to these eyes ! just close the eye sit silently and think who is witnessee of change not growing to b called even young - the base of old age ! witnessee is all never to b grasped by ego-witnessee ! --- the_blessed_guy

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
" Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach " { My Back Pages by Bob Dylan }

One of Dylans best IMHO . :)

Sunstone , your question is kinda like the asking " Why is a year so much shorter then it was when I was a kid ? " As has been said , I think it has to do with our experiences growing , our Reality becoming larger in comparison to our Self .... Hey , it sounds good , but what do I know ? I'm old and have lost most of my brain cells already ... ;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Personally, Kreeden, I wouldn't give up my present age for all the vigor of youth. Rightly or wrongly, I feel that I've gained understanding (despite the loss of brain cells) as I've aged, and that gain is very important to me. Heck, somedays, I even think I might have gotten wiser with age. Of course, then I go and do something that contradicts any notion that I've gotten wiser....

huajiro

Sunstone said:
It is actually a good sign, it means you have an open mind. It means you have been thinking for quite a while. Just imagine how horrible it would be to have followed someone else blindly your whole life to discover they were wrong.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
lol That is the great thing about getting old Sunstone , we forget what it is like to be young . ;) Or is it that we start to remember again ? :)

I do like Dylan's songs " My Back Pages " and " Forever Young " though .