• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Origin Of GOD?

cardero

Citizen Mod
It has been spoken many times, many ways that GOD neither has a beginning or an end. Would it bother some people if it was found that GOD had a beginning? Would this demean the value of GOD? Would it interfere with any relationship we wanted to encourage with this BEing?

It has been spoken many times, many ways that GOD neither has a beginning or an end. Would it bother some people if it was found that GOD had a beginning? Would this demean the value of GOD? Would it interfere with any relationship we wanted to encourage with this BEing?
I think it would "demean His value" (for lack of a better term) in terms of Him being Creator of all things.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I guess I would have to accept it if someone had proof that God had a beginning, but I don't see that ever happening.

UnityNow101

How could the Creator of All have a beginning? If the Creator of All was created by something, He would cease to be God. Is there any possible way that the Creator could have a beginning and still be considered God?

cardero

Citizen Mod
I wouldn't necessarily rule out that GOD was created but for this thread I would just insinuate a beginning.

Kaysar

Legatus Legionis

If God has a beginning, then He was created. If He was created, then it certainly would demean His value. Maybe the human mind cannot grasp this idea of "no beginning" in the flesh form because God did not intend us to know; but in the spirtual form, it's a whole different matter.

cardero

Citizen Mod
If God has a beginning, then He was created. If He was created, then it certainly would demean His value. Maybe the human mind cannot grasp this idea of "no beginning" in the flesh form because God did not intend us to know; but in the spirtual form, it's a whole different matter.
If we can believe in a GOD that always was, how far would we have to believe in a “Poof! There He is” GOD?

worshiper

Picker of Nose

i agree with you on the human mind cannot grasp the idea. i believe god is unimaginable. people tend to give god human like characteristics which, to another person, will sound as limited. god has clearly stated in the ten commandments that he's nothing like anything on earth and like you can imagine. god is beyond time and space continuum. that is why he has no beginning and no end. yet he has all the "omni" characteristics as we all agree.

worshiper

Picker of Nose
But doesn't GOD have to keep or abide by time?
god doesnt need to abide to anything. after all god created anything in the first place.

picture it as a programmer of a MMORPG. the players must abide the rules and nature of the game. but the programmer have the command to run a debug mode which doesnt abide the rules and nature of the game which gives them ability to transport players to anywhere in the game as they please, or simply having the invincibility mode. yet the programmer himself cannot enter the game. instead he creates GM(Game Manager) characters to give guidance to the newbies in the game. and certainly the programmer will be furious if he finds out that there are cheaters in the game.

but dont take my anology literaly. like i said, god is unimaginable. its the only thing that i can come up with that people can possibly comprehend.... or not ... god knows :D

worshiper

Picker of Nose
Would this demean the value of GOD?
i believe it would. if ever god was created, then i'll worship his creator instead :D. coz to me god is the ultimate creator.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
Yeah, if "God" had a beginning then he wouldn't be God, by definition. God is a concept of that which lies beyond the phenomenal world of creation and destruction. God is the Supreme Absolute Truth. Absolute truth is absolutely true (yeah, I'm a genius) and thus is not dependent on time.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Does anyone believe that GOD was ignorant at one time? Do you believe that GOD had to eventually learn to understand or eventually come into His Truths? If not, how did GOD become so knowledgable? Was He always wise and perfect? How did GOD get that way?