• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Philosophy of The Teachings of Islam: Gist /aspects from words of Promised Messiah Mahdi (a.s.)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.

1= THERE ARE THREE STATES OF HUMAN-SELF. THEY SPRING FROM THREE DIFFERENT SOURCES, CALLED:
===== NAFS E AMMARAH (The self which press on / orders for weakness)….. First source of human self is the raw / physical state ( Ref: Surah Yousaf : verse 54) .. In this condition, human self does not work with wisdom and understanding. It follows crude emotions, like that of animals, in matters of eating, drinking, sleeping, waking, anger and rage etc.

===== NAFS E LAYWAMAH (The self which admonishes, also called the moral-state)….. Second source of human self is remorseful-self (Ref: Surah Al Qaiyamah : verse 3).. At this state, human do not want to live like animals and without control for his physical necessities. He wants to live with morals and moderation but yet he is not fully able to do virtues and falls into raw state. He is like a child who do not want to fall but falls due to weakness. He feels sorry. He gathers good morals in him and dislike rebellion but cannot overcome weakness.

===== NAFS E MUTMA’ENNAH (The satisfied-self, also called the spiritual state)….. At this state, human self gets rid of all weaknesses, filled with spiritual powers, and has such connection with God the Exalted that he cannot live without Him. The human self flows toward God and no hindrance can stop him. He brings change in him in this very world, he gets paradise in this world, love of God is his food and drink, he clears himself from earthly passions and is saved. (Ref: Surah Al Shams : verse 10-11)

2= PROGRESS OF RAW STATE THROUGH HOLY QURAN
===== If raw state of the self is brought under the commandments of Holy Quran, the body cleansing, learning ethics and moderation progresses to worship, inner purity and humbleness. In other words, the person progresses to moral state and then to spiritual state.

3= BODY-SOUL RELATIONS – TWO BIRTHS OF SOUL
===== Body affects soul, and soul affects body.
………. Imitated shedding of tears or laughter, physical prostration, walking with stiff neck produce parallel effects on soul.

……… Various foods affect capacities of brain and mind / heart. Never eating meat results in loss of God gifted admirable faculty of bravery. Always eating meat and ignoring vegetables results in loss of humility. Moderation brings both morals. (Ref: Surah Al Aaraf : verse 32)

………. Physical suffering hurts internally too

===== Soul affects body too.
………. Eyes of a grieved person are tearful.
………. Happy person smiles.

FIRST BIRTH OF SOUL
===== Soul is born within the body.
………. Soul does not come to pregnant women from above, but it is a light which is already hidden in human-seed and develops with the human growth. (Ref: Surah Al Momaynoon : verse 15)……

SECOND BIRTH OF SOUL
===== Next, when bodily / physical acts, deeds and words fully becomes for the sake of God, a new-soul illumines. (Ref: same above verse tells)… This era is mentioned in : Ref: Surah Al Hijr : verse 30 ….Such person gets rid of earthly passions, follows commandments of God and God breathes His soul in him and he starts to shine…. All able people prostrate for him as he become the manifestation of God’s grandeur. Iblis / Satanic type people do not obey him.

4=GRADUAL PROGRESS OF HUMAN –-- GOD PRESENTS HOLY PROPHET (s.a.w.) AS ROLE MODEL
God in Holy Quran teaches the wise principles of correction, which raise the human from raw state to spiritual state of high quality.

===== Firstly, God wants to pull human out of savage ways by teaching him all manners of social living which fully distinct him from animals. It is low-grade moral state.

===== Then, secondly, God wants to moderate low-grade morals.

The two methods are part of one process which is to correct the raw states so that human can progress from low-morals to high-morals.

===== Next, the third stage of progress teaches that human should be absorbed in love and pleasure of God and his all being should become for God. To remind this status, Deen of Muslims is named as Islam because Islam means to fully become for God and not keeping anything for self.

EXPLANTORY TRANSLATIONS OF SOME RELATED VERSES

………Saved person is the one who places his being as sacrifice for God and His path and shows his faithfulness not only by intention but by virtuous deeds. The person who does so God has fixed his reward. There is no fear for such people and they shall not be sorrowful. (Ref: Surah Al Baqarah : verse 113)

………Say my Salaat and my sacrifice and my life and my death is for the sake of the God Whose Sustenance covers everything. Nothing and no person is His associate and creation have no kind of association with Him. I have been commanded that I should do so and I should be the first to be established on the meanings of Islam i.e. to offer sacrifice my being in the path of God. (Ref: Surah Al An’am : verse 163, 164)

……….This is my path. So come join my path. And do not choose any path against it otherwise will go astray from God. (Ref: Surah Al An’am : verse 154)

……….Tell them if you love God then come to follow me and walk on my path so that God too love you and forgive your sin. And He is Forgiver and Raheem. (Ref: Surah Al Imran : verse 132)

5= RAW AND MORAL STATES ARE RELATED –- MORAL AND SPIRITUAL STATES ARE RELATED
===== Raw / natural / physical states consists of natural faculties, physical desires and demands. They become morals when used with calculated orderliness, moderation, timeliness and appropriateness

……….Raw states are not admirable unless they progress to moral sates. (Mere raw states are present in animals and stones etc too)

===== Moral states gets the colour of spiritual states when one is fully lost in Allah [metaphor: imbibing divine attributes at human level]and does purification of self and has perfect devotion, love, attention, peace, satisfaction and harmony with Allah.

……….Having mere morals do not mean that one has gotten spiritual life. A person who denies God can show good morals too….Being kind hearted, being peaceful, not doing evil, not retaliating a wicked, these are raw / natural states which can be shown by a person who is unfortunate; away from real source of salvation [God]……There are many meek animals and after being pet they show peacefulness but such properties do not make them human -- far enough to be high quality human…..A person with wrong faith or any evil-doer may have good morals…..It is possible that a person gets carried away so much, that he do not treat his illness so that germs are not hurt….Someone may not eat honey as its collection make them homeless….Or someone may not drink water to save microscopic life in water…. Etc, etc…….All these are raw / natural states but not morals…In fact these [last three] are examples in which one denies permissions and bounties of God

..........Spirituality is achieved when one uses each moral at proper occasion and time, then by walking on the paths of God with loyalty and then by becoming His. The one who becomes His, his sign is that he cannot live without Him.

6= THREE METHODS OF CORRECTION AND THE ADVENT OF HOLY PROPHET (s.a.w.) WAS MADE AT THE EXTREME NEED OF CORRECTION
As mentioned at the beginning, there are three springs of states of human i.e. nafs e ammarah (the self which commands for weakness),
nafs e laywamah (the remorseful self),
nafs e mutma’ennah (the satisfied self).

Methods of correction, as mentioned in Holy Quran, are three too.
i---To establish manner-less savages on low (initial) morals of humanity and manners about eating pure, drinking, marriage, dress etc.

ii---Once they learn basic morals, they should be taught big morals and use of all human faculties at proper time and occasion.

iii---When they had achieved great morals, these yet-dry-pious-people should be granted the taste of sweet drink of love of God and meeting.

Our Leader and Master Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was sent at the time when the world had gone corrupt and bad in every respect as Allah the Exalted states:
“zaharal fasado fil barray wal bahray” (Ref: Surah Al Rum : verse 42)

i.e. Jungles were corrupted and rivers too. It was indicated that people of Book were corrupted and others who have had no water of revelation, they too were corrupted. Thus the purpose of Holy Quran was to make dead alive as it says:
“ai-lamoo unnallaha yohyil arza ba-da moutayha” (Ref: Surah Al Hadid : verse 18)

i.e. understand that, now, Allah the Exalted is going to make the earth alive afresh, after it had died.

The place of advent of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) was reached to the stage of extreme savageness, no system of humanity was left there, they were proud of all sins, and ignorance was at extreme. At such time and for people like those, Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) was sent for correction. This was the time of above mentioned three corrections. That is why, Holy Quran declares that it is perfect of all guidances, because other Books in the world have had no chance for such corrections. Holy Quran was granted it. The purpose of Holy Quran is to bring correction to savage-likes and turn them into human. Then turn the human into human-with-morals. And then turning human-with-morals into human-with-God….The three corrections is the core purpose of Holy Quran, other commandments are ways and means for these corrections.

Reference: Based on THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE TEACHINGS OF ISLAM (alislam.org), by Promised Messiah Mahdi (on whom be peace), “ruhani khazain”, Vol 10

Last edited: