• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of Forgiveness

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I watched this video this morning and felt that it was very empowering for the woman who was a victim of Nazi medical experimentation.

I particularly felt her pain when discussing those who claim that the holocaust never happened. As many of my own brotherhood died in the holocaust, it is beyond belief that anyone could deny it.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thanks for that!

Forgiveness is very healing.

I am reminded of a quote:

Martin-Luther-Forgiveness-is-not-an-occasional-act-700x525.jpg

Thanks again.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I watched this video this morning and felt that it was very empowering for the woman who was a victim of Nazi medical experimentation.

I particularly felt her pain when discussing those who claim that the holocaust never happened. As many of my own brotherhood died in the holocaust, it is beyond belief that anyone could deny it.

I can never watch and read holocaust films. I read a good book based on non-fiction Schindler's List (a whole lot better than the movie; thick read) and had dreams all month. I'm reading a great book Sarah's Key and had dreams everyday of the week that now I have to take week breaks to finish the book.

My point really is I take your word the video is good. I can't imagine anyone thinking it didn't happen. I mean, to have dreams (probably a former life?) that I can't begin how to describe the feeling.

Forgiveness is powerful. Funny it came at the right timing too. I was looking up Dhamma talks and thinking of how to forgive my co-worker. Not like the holocaust, but forgiveness just the same.

Good thread...

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My point really is I take your word the video is good. I can't imagine anyone thinking it didn't happen.

The woman in the video was a twin and "Mengele used Auschwitz as an opportunity to continue his anthropological studies and research on heredity, using inmates for human experimentation. ... Mengele's twin research was in part intended to prove the supremacy of heredity over environment and thus bolster the Nazi premise of the superiority of the Aryan race." (according to Wiki)

Her story is both tragic and triumphant at the same time. To overcome the hatred for what happened to her family and to get to the last decades of her life and free herself of that life-sapping negativity, demonstrates the power that forgiveness brings.

She made a list of all the negative descriptions she could find to describe this evil man but then she said to him (in her own heart) that in spite of all that, she forgave him. Only then did she feel free. I hope that others can take a leaf out of her book and free themselves of the hatred that is destroying the human spirit. God created one race....we are all members.

Last edited:

DavidFirth

I think more than enough evidence exists to make denial of the holocaust a mockery of the holocaust.

It definitely happened.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yes, we do. We need to pray for another person like him to stand up for what's right and do something to make it happen.

Do you think that person might be Jesus Christ?

Psalm 146: 3-5......"Do not put your trust in princes

Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.

4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground;

On that very day his thoughts perish.

5 Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper,

Whose hope is in Jehovah his God"

Lamenting the loss of someone through whom you hoped to see change, underscores the validity of this Psalm.
Once that person dies, often there is no one to fill their shoes, so their hopes and aspirations often come to a halt if no one will accept the baton and keep running.

MLK was a great man of his time who started a revolution....but there is still racial hatred in people's hearts.
If all could find it in their own hearts to forgive and let go of that hatred, they would see that we are all of one race....the human race.....and that the only way to correct all the things that are wrong on this planet, is to work together. But after millenniums of racial hatred it is obvious that man cannot accomplish this on his own......this is why Jesus prayed......"thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven". Only when Jesus brings the Kingdom's rulership to this earth, will God's will be accomplished here. (Revelation 21:2-4)

It will not come by any invitation of the human race in general (who seem to be quite satisfied with their own gods and religions).....the Bible says that the kingdom will come by force, (Daniel 2:44) cutting a swathe through the human race that will separate them into two groups....either "sheep" or "goats"......only the "sheep" will survive. These are the "meek who shall inherit the earth".

Jesus said it will be at a time we do not expect....so have we observed the "sign" he gave? (Matthew 24:3-14)

Matthew 24:42-44...."Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

43 “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it."

These are exciting times. The kingdom is coming...ready or not.

DavidFirth

Well, I was talking about here and now and not the second coming. I was referring to another person like MLK before Jesus comes back. I believe all scripture is correct, of course not everyone believes what it says exactly the same way.

Last edited: