• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Public Square

Pah

Uber all member
What would be your definition of it?

Is the "public square" really being denied to some faiths?

-pah-

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What do you mean by "the public square", Pah? I'm only vaugely familiar with the term.

Pah

Uber all member
Sunstone said:
What do you mean by "the public square", Pah? I'm only vaugely familiar with the term.

I really don't know. I see it a lot in some of the articles I read and in each it seems to mean something different. Primarilly it is used as something being denied to to a religious group. A voice in the public square - a place in the public square - access to the public square. Is it the "halls of government", a "soap box" in a public park, a place to erect the ten commandments, a battlefield of ideas - what is the public square? Let me do some "Googling".

-pah-

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, if the public square is where the citizens of this great country meet, then that could easily be a privately owned shopping mall. Shopping malls usually frown upon proselytizing on their premisses, don't they?

I seem to recall hearing of some Christians who were complaining that they didn't have access to shopping malls for proselytizing. I wonder if that could have anything to do with this?