• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I managed to get four boxes packed today before calling it quits. I'm definitely starting to feel better, but still have a ways to go.
It also hit me while I was packing those oh my god, holy ****, I'm packing, again, once more, but this time for what has got to be the craziest most insane I've ever done.
A new record!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Huh....my Iphone goes several days without needing recharging, even with use.
Are you getting enuf bacon in your diet?
That's proof perfect about what your diet is doing to you. You think that what I eat has an effect on my cellphone's battery.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's proof perfect about what your diet is doing to you. You think that what I eat has an effect on my cellphone's battery.
It's basic electrical engineering.
You wouldn't understand.
It involves advanced quantum hyper laser calulus.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
I find myself wondering what am I doing? I'm leaving, to a place far away, and the only people I know there I know through a screen. Here, I don't even worry about locking doors and windows. But over there are tons and tons and tons of people.

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
There seems to be a ton of pictures online of this restored gas station I live near:
8192280430_3f44efbe28.jpg

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
That is old. By USA standards.
It's not really old, been around for no more than a decade. Before that it was an abandoned Marathon station that sat with a sign saying "Closed until?" for probably over 20 years (the station itself closed when I was very young).

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Oh for a cellphone that still has a charge at the end of the day inspite of being used.

I have one that will have a charge for days...even when used heavily...... but its a military issue flip phone....not one of those new fangled smart alec phones

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
I have one that will have a charge for days...even when used heavily...... but its a military issue flip phone....not one of those new fangled smart alec phones
I didn't get a dumb *** phone until whatever phone I had died, I needed a new one, and the dumb phone was way cheaper than the flip phone.

Wu Wei

I didn't get a dumb *** phone until whatever phone I had died, I needed a new one, and the dumb phone was way cheaper than the flip phone.

Yes it is, but I was looking for durability and the toughest phone they had was a military issue phone and that was, at that time, a flip phone. I am rough on phones and I doubt the standard smart phone would last me more than a couple months. More like weeks before it got a crack in the screen.

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
I think drinking diet soda to get my soda fix has backfired. I went from rarely drinking soda to downing it.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes it is, but I was looking for durability and the toughest phone they had was a military issue phone and that was, at that time, a flip phone. I am rough on phones and I doubt the standard smart phone would last me more than a couple months. More like weeks before it got a crack in the screen.
I am the same way, however if you get a very standard smartphone that fits into your hand and add an extra plastic sheet over the glass plus maybe a rubber jacket its pretty tough. You still shouldnt put it in your pocket with anything else, and expect a few bubbles under the plastic. I keep the screen facing my leg. Occasionally the phone comes on and randomly starts up programs, but I feel its worthwhile considering the cool apps I have found. If you need your phone to be impervious you can spring for a thick Otter case, but I dont think its necessary.

Oh, one more thing. Generally the text is tiny and the tiny onscreen keyboard will cause typos. Some of the bloatware will never uninstall, so you will need to add firewall software. If its Verizon you can also forget about rooting it.

Wu Wei

I am the same way, however if you get a very standard smartphone that fits into your hand and add an extra plastic sheet over the glass plus maybe a rubber jacket its pretty tough. You still shouldnt put it in your pocket with anything else, and expect a few bubbles under the plastic. I keep the screen facing my leg. Occasionally the phone comes on and randomly starts up programs, but I feel its worthwhile considering the cool apps I have found. If you need your phone to be impervious you can spring for a thick Otter case, but I dont think its necessary.

Oh, one more thing. Generally the text is tiny and the tiny onscreen keyboard will cause typos. Some of the bloatware will never uninstall, so you will need to add firewall software. If its Verizon you can also forget about rooting it.

I drops em.... on pavement...and concrete...and out of my car in parking lots.....drop it once on my concrete garage floor and then kicked it under the car...... I'm rough on phones.

Looking for the military issue smart phones or the tough smart phones...because it has become blatantly obvious that there are tools on that type of phone that I should be using

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I drops em.... on pavement...and concrete...and out of my car in parking lots.....drop it once on my concrete garage floor and then kicked it under the car...... I'm rough on phones.

Looking for the military issue smart phones or the tough smart phones...because it has become blatantly obvious that there are tools on that type of phone that I should be using
Well yeah. You cant even trust millspec phones though. My first millspec flipphone immediately brok because I accidently sat down with it with keys in the same pocket. Then for two years I had a millspec phone with cracked glass on the outside, covered with packing tape. Millspec shmillspec.

Wu Wei

Well yeah. You cant even trust millspec phones though. My first millspec flipphone immediately brok because I accidently sat down with it with keys in the same pocket. Then for two years I had a millspec phone with cracked glass on the outside, covered with packing tape. Millspec shmillspec.

There are a few tough phones out there that I am looking at.

AS far as my flip phone, it is carried in my pocket all the time.... had it for many years now...never had an issue. Until this year and now there are 2. One it does not always alert me of messages, it waits until l have 3 and then shows them all. And it is shutting itself off on occasion. So I need to start considering a new phone

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There are a few tough phones out there that I am looking at.

AS far as my flip phone, it is carried in my pocket all the time.... had it for many years now...never had an issue. Until this year and now there are 2. One it does not always alert me of messages, it waits until l have 3 and then shows them all. And it is shutting itself off on occasion. So I need to start considering a new phone
That is terribly sad. Does your phone service update your phone firmware? Maybe take it in and see if they can reprogram it for you. Just brain fartin.

Wu Wei

That is terribly sad. Does your phone service update your phone firmware? Maybe take it in and see if they can reprogram it for you. Just brain fartin.

I've had this thing for about 10 years I think but it is as source of amusement for my colleagues in IT
s-l300.jpg