• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hi! Stage 3 is scary. I hate that number. Fibromyalgia is hard to bear because most people must bear it all alone because it is an ailment that is never apparent to anyone but she or he who suffers from it. And, arthritis I understand as very sad indeed as it is what probably caused my mother's death at 81 due to complications of the medicine she was taking for it.
My wife was thought to have stage 3 but it turned out to be two stage 1 cancers found at the same time. What a relief. But I know someone who has lived for many many years who had stage 4. One never knows.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I suppose if I have to I could make it trebuchet and ballista repair...wonder if that would work better
well, I've got an assault tower that's in need of some periodic maintenance...oil change and whatnot...I also think the left rear wheel is wearing unevenly...might've been that large orc I rolled over on the last seige...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
In reviewing my positive mood, I'm noticing that many of the things that had my doctor concerned Effexor was unmasking bipolar have been present for at least 12-13 years (beyond that my memory has blocked out a lot and it's a "event by event" recall of sorts), including a couple times when I distinctly remember feeling so good I wanted to "feel that way again."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
She's one of the very few people who really knows me, including how bad my depression can be.

It sounds like you can feel bad where you are and have reasons for that. But when you don't have those reasons because you've moved and still sometimes feel bad, now what?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
got up at 3:30am this morning...only had 3.5 hours of sleep...made it all the way to 11:30pm......I'm beat...goodnight RF

Shadow Wolf

It sounds like you can feel bad where you are and have reasons for that. But when you don't have those reasons because you've moved and still sometimes feel bad, now what?
I have thought of that. I'm always going to have depressive episodes, I'll always have anxiety. But I do actively participate in treatment, and I already know that once I get moved and get insured, I didn't want to start going back to a therapist but there may likely come a day when I'm on edge--just because it happens--and I'll need that channel to help me safely through and help make the journey back not so rough.
I'm also finding that getting permission to just be myself and finding some confidence has been eroding a "censor gate" in my head, like I also inadvertently let go of exerting such effort into controlling my emotions. It's a weird good thing/bad thing because I'm getting my wish of not having so much control and being able to let someone know I don't like them, they pissed me off, and I'm pissed about it.

Shadow Wolf

I think I'm finally hitting a point of social exhaustion on this marathon of good byes. Tomorrow is a friend I haven't seen in a while and her son who recently came out as trans (he is FtM), then a friend I wasn't going to get a hold of because she really pissed me off but tomorrow will be her dad's last birthday (he has stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer and a few months to live) so I'm burying the hatchet so I can say my final goodbyes to her father and support my friend, and then it's a family dinner where I'll be coming out to the rest of my family. And I've come out to so many people lately that today I came out to another person today, just spitting it out without all the self-turbulence that comes along with the first few times.
Between IOP and this move, I'm pretty sure I made more realizations and learned more about myself last month than the other 383 months of my life combined.

Shadow Wolf

And, BTW, what does one tell someone who is terminally ill with very little time left on what will be their final birthday? He's also not that old (early/mid 50s).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have thought of that. I'm always going to have depressive episodes, I'll always have anxiety. But I do actively participate in treatment, and I already know that once I get moved and get insured, I didn't want to start going back to a therapist but there may likely come a day when I'm on edge--just because it happens--and I'll need that channel to help me safely through and help make the journey back not so rough.
I'm also finding that getting permission to just be myself and finding some confidence has been eroding a "censor gate" in my head, like I also inadvertently let go of exerting such effort into controlling my emotions. It's a weird good thing/bad thing because I'm getting my wish of not having so much control and being able to let someone know I don't like them, they pissed me off, and I'm pissed about it.
That sounds great. You're clearly more in touch with your processes than before.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And, BTW, what does one tell someone who is terminally ill with very little time left on what will be their final birthday? He's also not that old (early/mid 50s).
That's a tough question. I'd start with making sure I understood how he felt about it. When my father-in-law was dying of pancreatic cancer he was pretty old, early 90's, but went through a lot of emotions about it. I tried to hang with him when he told me I had no idea how frightened he was. I said "you're right, I don't" which seemed to affirm not deny how he was feeling. I asked him about the happiest memories he had etc.

He might not want to focus on it with you and that's cool as well. You might approach it as you're leaving town but wanted to let him know you appreciated anything positive that he did for you since you're leaving town with the cancer not explicitly mentioned.

I guess I'd start off with being neutral - just mentioning your leaving town and wanted to see him before you left and see what he says and does not say and go from there.