• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The problem with believing in reincarnation:

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for September 11, 2023

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
Speed: Maximum posted speed limits for those that are interested.

I remember one state that used to be "reasonable and prudent", that is no limit posted. But no longer.
Other limited access roads isn't right for Indiana. Out in the country the speed limit is "safe speed," but where it's posted 55 for Indiana roads is as high as it gets, except for the interstates which they had to move up from 55 because you'd get run over at that speed.
More likely you're doing 45 or 55, sometimes 35.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Other limited access roads isn't right for Indiana. Out in the country the speed limit is "safe speed," but where it's posted 55 for Indiana roads is as high as it gets, except for the interstates which they had to move up from 55 because you'd get run over at that speed.
More likely you're doing 45 or 55, sometimes 35.
Here in Northern CA that happens as well. I can be doing 70 in a 65 zone and be passed like I was standing still by some.

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
Could be. I thought traffic jams kept it down there but maybe in off hours.
Traffic jams in the Central Valley are mostly rush hour traffic. Unless you're in LA, then it's often bumper to bumper. But along this stretch of the 99 theres a fair chance you'll see a few blow past you doing 90 or more.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It's been 50 years today that the military under Pinochet, with the help of the CIA, conducted a putsch against Salvador Allende. Does anybody remember?
and 30 years ago today I married my first wife.... something I wish I didn't remember

Wu Wei

They're made that way now, often intentionally made harder to fix. People want to blame the culture, but few blame proprietary screws, planned obsolescence, unfair and harsh usage agreements that may not be legal in other countries and corporations who screw the consumer instead of comply with Right to Repair laws.
Yes they were making things harder for the average home mechanic to fix when I left the business..... 30 years ago

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
It's been 50 years today that the military under Pinochet, with the help of the CIA, conducted a putsch against Salvador Allende. Does anybody remember?
The better question is how many people even know or care? We don't remember Iran getting ****ed up by Unclr Sam. We don't remember or acknowledge or teach the Banana Wars. Mia Lai is a no. Nothing for Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
Domestically we don't even remember Nat Turner's Rebellion or Emmitt Till or the victims of the Klan. Nothing of the concentration camps for Asians and Americans of Asian descent. Trail of Tears is a no. No memorials or remember Wounded Knee. They don't even like mentioning white Catholic Europeans like the Irish and Italians, were crapped on so hard here that it birthed dangerous criminal mobs.

Wu Wei

Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon, yes I am
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Everyone rejoice! There is new Duran Duran!

So, they released Duran Duran?

ddf27f_ed5f9440361443a8838174ca03c1fced~mv2.jpg

San Diego, CA - According to reports, a confused Robert F. Kennedy supporter has been standing outside a San Diego correctional facility for days protesting the release of 80's new wave band Duran Duran.

Charles Hammond IV told reporters, "We can not release Duran Duran. Not now, not ever."

When prison staff tried to explain to Hammond that Sirhan Sirhan was the actual assassin, he refused to acknowledge his mistake.

"I have been studying the Kennedy family all my life, so I think I should know who shot RFK. Google it."

Hammond says he plans to remain outside the prison until the California Governor decides Duran Duran's fate.

In related news, Duran Duran's new album Future Past is coming this fall. The release date is October 22.