• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

• A history buff told female viewers last month they'd be surprised how often men ponder the Roman Empire.
  • The topic launched a social media movement, as masses of men agreed it was regularly on their minds.
  • Many pointed to Roman architecture, military strategies, and the empire's parallels to the US.

A viral premise making the rounds on social media is alerting many wives, girlfriends, and partners to a shocking fact about the men in their lives: they are regularly thinking about the Roman Empire.

In August, Gaius Flavius, a Roman reenactor based in Sweden, shared an Instagram video to his 100,000 followers with an on-screen caption that read, "Ladies, many of you do not realize how often men think about the Roman Empire."

I have to admit that I think about the Roman Empire from time to time, but I had no idea it was some kind of man thing.

"Real men think about the Roman Empire!"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Looks like the bear has been up to more of the same mischief again:

Sept. 15 (UPI) -- A hungry black bear invaded a Florida family's garage, got into the freezer and feasted on pizza, burger patties, bread and vegan ice cream.

Konrad Umpenhour, said he realized he had forgotten to close the garage door at the North Naples home at which he lives with his parents, and when he attempted to use a smartphone app to shut the door, he got an error message telling him something was in the way.

"It's actually coffee-flavored iced cream with boba in it, and it's from Trader Joe's, super good -- apparently really good," Umpenhour told WBBH-TV.

Bear likes vegan ice cream? Whoda thunk it?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

I have to admit that I think about the Roman Empire from time to time, but I had no idea it was some kind of man thing.

Well, just last week the History Channel had a special about Julius Caesar that was on three or four times...also one about Cleopatra...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, just last week the History Channel had a special about Julius Caesar that was on three or four times...also one about Cleopatra...

When my dad went to school, Latin was a requirement. Latin phrases still abound, so I guess that would probably get people thinking about where they came from.

But I don't worry about it too much. After all, Rome is our friend.

b5922325-9137-453d-8683-9572f91cddcc_text.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did some grass cutting touch up.
Looks better.
(1st cutting was of grass a wee bit too
long, so results were underwhelming.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's a nice fall day but I mourn the passing of blueberry and peach season at the farmer's market. But it is apple season which is a consolation.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member

From time to time, I think about the Achaemenid Empire (550–330 BCE).

47c15b4372c63ec3bf7cffe670b6cd8f.jpg

The image above is of some šēdus or winged bulls in Persepolis.

'Real winged bulls think about the Achaemenid Empire!'