• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Haaning had taken out a bank loan to create his original pieces, but on this occasion the museum offered to lend him the full amount of 534,000 kroner, The Art Newspaper reported in 2021.

But instead of receiving a recreation of the original works, the museum opened the artwork to find two blank canvases with a new collective name: Take the Money and Run.

Haaning told Danish outlet dr.dk that the new artwork was meant to highlight how people were underpaid for their work and encouraged checkout staff to take from the cash register and run in the same spirit.

The agreement in the contract was for the money to be returned to the museum when the exhibition ended, something Haaning made clear in advance wouldn’t be happening. Instead, the artist indeed took the money and ran.

“The work is that I have taken their money,” Haaning told dr.dk prior to the contract’s end date of January 2022.

GettyImages-1235574642-e1695123103415.jpg

I like a good painting as much as the next guy, but I guess I'll never really understand how the art world actually works. However, this "Take the money and run" painting kind of sums it up.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

GettyImages-1235574642-e1695123103415.jpg

I like a good painting as much as the next guy, but I guess I'll never really understand how the art world actually works. However, this "Take the money and run" painting kind of sums it up.
Edvard-Munch-The-Scream.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, it looks like they found that F-35 that crashed in South Carolina:

Apparently, this is third mishap with the F-35 in recent months. They cost $140,000,000 apiece.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Seems many, many, many people have forgotten a certain part of the requirements to be president.

Given that clause with that word "or" I would say Arnold Schwarzenegger can run. He's old enough, he's been a citizen for decades and has lived here long enough.
Never, never let an Austrian get to highest political offices outside of Austria (again)!

Heyo

Veteran Member
I had a boss who defined a bug as something which negatively surprised the programmer. Otherwise it's an underappreciated feature.
Bugs are the product of the programming process.
My colleagues (and my bosses!) didn't like my attitude when I said "I've build all the errors in" when I was done programming. But if debugging is the process to get the errors out, then programming must be the process to get the errors in. Isn't it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
I am rather quite done with ny ear plugging and up and constantly draining. I wish I could make it stop.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My colleagues (and my bosses!) didn't like my attitude when I said "I've build all the errors in" when I was done programming. But if debugging is the process to get the errors out, then programming must be the process to get the errors in. Isn't it?

meme-canada-spy.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Programming was designed by God to show people their fallibility and so help them develop humility.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And now for something completely buggy:

In 1946, when Hopper was released from active duty, she joined the Harvard Faculty at the Computation Laboratory where she continued her work on the Mark II and Mark III. Operators traced an error in the Mark II to a moth trapped in a relay, coining the term bug.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Well, it looks like they found that F-35 that crashed in South Carolina:

Apparently, this is third mishap with the F-35 in recent months. They cost $140,000,000 apiece.
A little bit TOO MUCH of a vertical landing....

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A little bit TOO MUCH of a vertical landing....

I'm reminded of a book called "Doublespeak" which had a separate chapter just for military doublespeak. There was a failed missile test and the military's statement was "The missile didn't crash. It failed to fly."

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
I'm kind if panicking. I have an in person interview tomorrow Friday at the plasma center. But it's not like a panic attack panic. It's like an excited panic. I've won more poker tournaments than I've gotten calls for a second interview. The gates into lands I'm rarely allowed into have been opened for me.

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!