• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm kind if panicking. I have an in person interview tomorrow Friday at the plasma center. But it's not like a panic attack panic. It's like an excited panic. I've won more poker tournaments than I've gotten calls for a second interview. The gates into lands I'm rarely allowed into have been opened for me.
I think you're not used to hopeful excited.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
I think you're not used to hopeful excited.
Could be. Hope I feel is summed up by the line that hope is undiscovered disappointment (the Watchowski sisters). Amd that hope is an illusion (Huey Freeman, who probably shouldn't be conventionally attached to the humans behind him).
Either it'll happen or it won't. Wishing into a hand will never fill a hand as fast as ****ting into it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Could be. Hope I feel is summed up by the line that hope is undiscovered disappointment (the Watchowski sisters). Amd that hope is an illusion (Huey Freeman, who probably shouldn't be conventionally attached to the humans behind him).
Either it'll happen or it won't. Wishing into a hand will never fill a hand as fast as ****ting into it.
That to me is a very Buddhist sentiment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That sounds like a symptom of depression.
Hope is merely a state of mind, not necessarily
accompanied with expectations realistic or not.

Ever notice how Huey doesn't get invited to parties?
Even Uncle Ruckus is more fun.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
bart-simpson.gif

200w.gif

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
That sounds like a symptom of depression.

Ever notice how Huey doesn't get invited to parties?
Even Uncle Ruckus is more fun.
Hope seems rather useless to me, something not considering reality, something that's more prone to let down than make anything happen.
But I do get invited to parties. Not garden parties, though, parties that are filled with other degenerates, reprobates, miscreants and debased wretches.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hope seems rather useless to me, something not considering reality, something that's more prone to let down than make anything happen.
But I do get invited to parties. Not garden parties, though, parties that are filled with other degenerates, reprobates, miscreants and debased wretches.
Hope is good for mental health.
But I advise tempering it with low expectations.
This is why I'm happier than you are.

Oh, complaining a lot is also good for the soul.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So you can feel right at home

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
I realized there has been twice I've been in a group where a Christian presence or even just a prayer was warned about and required group approval.
Amd that it might probably just be the reason 1984 freaks me out like it does because I myself was abused and traumatized by a cult (Southern Baptist) with doublethink, thoughtcrime, a crude amd self inflicted form of Newspeak, amd centralized totalitarian who sees all, is the sole arbiter of reality and what's right and wrong, has a n extremely strict and impossible list of rules, and is quick to accuse, eager to abuse, demamds death for petty and trivial "crimes," takes the slightest transgression as a personal offense, and despite the abuses and authoritarian nature this central figure loves you, wants you to love him, amd peacefully coexist for all eternity but only if you render yourself incapable of independent thought. Amd while Jehovah may not have the thugs and goons to enforce his way like most cults, he has the instructive threat to not fear those who can destroy the body but fear the one who can destroy the body amd soul in Hell.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm going to have lunch now. Lunch won't be a joyous event but it's also very far from gloom, despair, agony and sorrow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I sent an email to a company to request
a particular design o a new product.
I like their response....
"Get out of our brains!"

So I'll get what I want.

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
L
Then what use is it? Hope reminds me of Sister George Michael in Derry Girls, when she scorned a mom for thinking she's interesting enough for her prayer will get the results of her daughter's college entrance exam contained in the envelop their about to open changed into something great. The mom had hope up to the last minute, and here was a nun with her.voice as a beating ruling to smack the hopes around.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then what use is it?
Hope's uses....
It inspires positive action.
It promotes good mental health,
which benefits physical health.

Hope reminds me of Sister George Michael in Derry Girls, when she scorned a mom for thinking she's interesting enough for her prayer will get the results of her daughter's college entrance exam contained in the envelop their about to open changed into something great. The mom had hope up to the last minute, and here was a nun with her.voice as a beating ruling to smack the hopes around.
This isn't clear.