• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Of course this is drivel from the internet and is not to be taken seriously.
True, but I miss when vampires were scary. Even Anne Rice's vampires, even though prone to being moody and horny and not getting laid as much as they want (and they all basically about want to screw each other) and metrosexuals decades before the word, they're still scary when angered. Especially Lious, who lost very hard his struggles of denial of who he is and pretending to be something he's not.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
True, but I miss when vampires were scary. Even Anne Rice's vampires, even though prone to being moody and horny and not getting laid as much as they want (and they all basically about want to screw each other) and metrosexuals decades before the word, they're still scary when angered. Especially Lious, who lost very hard his struggles of denial of who he is and pretending to be something he's not.
There's too many human vampires around.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
That requires a computer.
24-the-scream-edvard-munch.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That and Fage are my two greek brands but I prefer regular/fat-free for the extra flavor.
I wish yogurt with fat wasn't more expensive. Otherwise its good, it helps jumpstart my appetite when my IBS is bad, it helps fill me up but not for long.

Wu Wei

That and Fage are my two greek brands but I prefer regular/fat-free for the extra flavor.
I have had Fage, but it was a long time ago, I was also eating stonyfield, but have not tried it since the Gastritis diagnosis. After yesterday with the Okios, I think I will stick with what I know doesn't hurt me, Chobani

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Where's my orchestra?

Clucking Good Music: New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Plays Music For Chickens

A New Zealand farm has created a unique performance featuring chickens, classical music, and a renowned symphony orchestra. The farm collaborated with composer Hamish Oliver and the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra to create a piece called "Chook Symphony No 1," which combines baroque tunes with poultry sounds. The chickens, who prefer softer melodies, showed signs of contentment and joy upon hearing the beneficial tunes.

Wu Wei

Where's my orchestra?

Clucking Good Music: New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Plays Music For Chickens

A New Zealand farm has created a unique performance featuring chickens, classical music, and a renowned symphony orchestra. The farm collaborated with composer Hamish Oliver and the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra to create a piece called "Chook Symphony No 1," which combines baroque tunes with poultry sounds. The chickens, who prefer softer melodies, showed signs of contentment and joy upon hearing the beneficial tunes.
对牛弹琴
Duì niú tán qín
Playing a lute to a cow

:)

Wu Wei

The story behind 对牛弹琴
Duì niú tán qín
Playing a lute to a cow

During the Warring States Period in Chinese history, there was a musician named Gong MingYi (公明 仪) was a master of the Chinese zither. People truly appreciated his musical ability, he basked in the applause and praise.

One day, he wanted to pass the time in the quiet of the countryside where he could practice undisturbed. He spotted a cow grazing in the pasture and he all of a sudden decided he would play a song for that cow.

He was so inspired by the challenge of moving the cow emotionally that he played his favorite song with the best performance of his life. Surely the cow would be impressed!

The cow just kept grazing and did not notice a thing. Gong Mingyi was stunned! How could that cow not be moved! What was wrong with it? How could the cow not appreciate such elegant music?!

Gong Mingyi tried several different compositions, each played brilliantly. Still, the cow showed no emotion, it just kept grazing.

Gong Mingyi by this time was frustrated and started to doubt his ability.

But a passerby, offered words of encouragement. Perhaps the passerby was a fan. “It is not because you are a bad musician. Far from it. It is just that the cow simply cannot understand music.”

The gist of 对牛弹琴

In general, 对牛弹琴 can be used when a speaker or writer has over-estimated the intelligence of his listeners or readers. In such cases, 对牛弹琴 is meant to mock the audience rather than the speaker

play-the-lute-to-a-cow.jpg