• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This job seems almost too good to be true. Turns out here if a mistake is made the company policy isn't to single you out as a piece of **** in need of shaming. Here its you made a mistake, lets look at everything surrounding it to see what lead to it, as simple human error just happens and we can take steps to address the issue and work to prevent future mistakes.
I loved how the training material even asked whem has the model of retraining and punishment ever worked to prevent mistakes with human error? And then explained it never had and mistakes still happen so the "traditional model," as it calls it, doesn't work and something that does work is needed.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This job seems almost too good to be true. Turns out here if a mistake is made the company policy isn't to single you out as a piece of **** in need of shaming. Here its you made a mistake, lets look at everything surrounding it to see what lead to it, as simple human error just happens and we can take steps to address the issue and work to prevent future mistakes.
I loved how the training material even asked whem has the model of retraining and punishment ever worked to prevent mistakes with human error? And then explained it never had and mistakes still happen so the "traditional model," as it calls it, doesn't work and something that does work is needed.
There are good companies to work for in the world. Not nearly enough.

Shadow Wolf

There are good companies to work for in the world. Not nearly enough.
I was telling myself I can easily tolerate it at least, especially being so close to home and right next to a grocery store for lunch, and then learned there's places to store whatever and means of cooking it. And other stuff showing me ive finally gotten away from where I usually end up. I don't feel like a spy deep behind enemy lines, and though I can assure my sense of insolence is alive and well in my head (like a scene playing in my head when someone important enough to get transfered immediately including an vocal and panicked "****!" from the phone answered before a hasty transfer), people have left me in peace to do my job. Which seems to be how it's mostly ran.
And today was my last ugly early morning. The next two days and next week I'm in at 9, so much better than 8, and after that I'm on afternoons and nights.
And fortunately it doesn't seem like any of the managers are the sort I butt heads with.
I also found out today they do have full time positions so if my own businesses don't work out well enough I have no doubts it won't be long before they'd not think for even a second about letting having a full time spot if I ask for one when it opens up.
I definitely was not at all expecting something like this. Unless you was union I thought jobs like this went the way of the dinosaurs.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So you're blaming the US for responding to Iranian attacks as "and so it begins". I guess you want us to surrender to all the tyrants around the world and never respond because if we defend ourselves it's hopelessly and irretrievably wrong.

As for me, if another country starts something, we need to finish it.
You make some rather large assumptions based on no evidence.....since I never said or even imply anything that should have given you reason to post the unfounded accusations you just posted

Shadow Wolf

I didn't get to stab anyone yet, but I got to set the machines screaming their pleas for a steampunk makeover.

Shadow Wolf

So you're blaming the US for responding to Iranian attacks as "and so it begins". I guess you want us to surrender to all the tyrants around the world and never respond because if we defend ourselves it's hopelessly and irretrievably wrong.

As for me, if another country starts something, we need to finish it.
America doesn't finish it though. It only makes things worse for everyone, including us (like 9/11). It meddles for its benefit and punishes the uncooperative. It's a modern day Rome, and a poor imitation at that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
America doesn't finish it though. It only makes things worse for everyone, including us (like 9/11). It meddles for its benefit and punishes the uncooperative. It's a modern day Rome, and a poor imitation at that.

I still remember the line from Patton: "But the politicians never let us finish. They always stop short and leave us with another war."

The trouble with our national leaders is that they want America to be an empire, but they also want to be loved and thought of as world saviors. Mobsters trying to pass themselves off as legitimate businessmen.

If we wanted to conquer the world, we should have done it when we had the chance. Now, it's too late.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
`
I still remember the line from Patton: "But the politicians never let us finish. They always stop short and leave us with another war."

The trouble with our national leaders is that they want America to be an empire, but they also want to be loved and thought of as world saviors. Mobsters trying to pass themselves off as legitimate businessmen.

If we wanted to conquer the world, we should have done it when we had the chance. Now, it's too late.
I agree with you. However, WWI was a war of Alliances. Some alliances are written treaties and some are verbal commitments. If a country does not honor its commitments other countries won't trust them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
`

I agree with you. However, WWI was a war of Alliances. Some alliances are written treaties and some are verbal commitments. If a country does not honor its commitments other countries won't trust them.

I agree that we should honor our commitments. But along the same lines, we could also act more as a team player with our allies, rather than thinking that we're in charge of it all.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
mqdefault.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Tomorrow I go to the farmer's market. It's funny how fast time is passing right now. What I want to know is who said "Warp 9. Make it so"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unlike some war mongers, my morning trip to the farmer's market was totally without WWI flying doghouses.