• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The road to salvation: Which can lead a man to his Salvation in the Christian context?

Renji

Is it his church™ (aka religion) or the Church (the people and their prayers) and his faith?

Just wanna discuss this since I've been meeting different people claiming to be "true" christians, telling people that they're "already saved" because of the
church™ that they belong to. But the thing is, it seems that these people are replacing Christ with their church™, proclaiming of "being saved" because of their denomination (and non members are damned forever) while seemingly having less focus on Christ, which I think is the One who really saves, not the religion...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I agree Lawrence. I am not going to judge which denominations have "got it right" or not. I am of the belief that all the various denominations combined may just as well be one to God. It would take about 100 years of study to figure our which one (if any) have it completely right, so we might as well get along. :)

Annenance

What if it's already a done deal? What if your salvation is already secured, and it's not a matter of leading you to salvation, but a matter of leading you to the understanding that Christ has already done this thing for you? Maybe it's not the church that saves, although I think all of them at times like to think they do. including mine. Maybe the church exists to teach people about Jesus, to bring light into a dark world, and to reach out to those in need. Maybe it does not exist to lord it over those we might consider to be the "have nots". And I say all this as a very committed member of a Protestant church. We have to continually examine ourselves and always be aware of our own pride, both individually and collectively.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
What if it's already a done deal? What if your salvation is already secured, and it's not a matter of leading you to salvation, but a matter of leading you to the understanding that Christ has already done this thing for you? Maybe it's not the church that saves, although I think all of them at times like to think they do. including mine. Maybe the church exists to teach people about Jesus, to bring light into a dark world, and to reach out to those in need. Maybe it does not exist to lord it over those we might consider to be the "have nots". And I say all this as a very committed member of a Protestant church. We have to continually examine ourselves and always be aware of our own pride, both individually and collectively.

I think that's we are trying to say. It isn't the Church that saves but Jesus. :angel2::shout

Renji

What if it's already a done deal? What if your salvation is already secured,
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Maybe it's not the church that saves, although I think all of them at times like to think they do. including mine. Maybe the church exists to teach people about Jesus, to bring light into a dark world, and to reach out to those in need.

Exactly my point.

ViKtoricus

A follower of Christ.
Is it his church™ (aka religion) or the Church (the people and their prayers) and his faith?

Just wanna discuss this since I've been meeting different people claiming to be "true" christians, telling people that they're "already saved" because of the
church™ that they belong to. But the thing is, it seems that these people are replacing Christ with their church™, proclaiming of "being saved" because of their denomination (and non members are damned forever) while seemingly having less focus on Christ, which I think is the One who really saves, not the religion...

I believe anyone who follows the footsteps of Christ will be saved.

Christ himself has warned one of the seven congregations about the upcoming sectarianism, and boom goes the dynamite.

True Christians are the ones who will be included in the Book of Life, and the only way to see it is through time.