• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ten Commandments (remake)

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Just wonder what others think The Ten Commandments remake will be like on NBC next monday.

I guess what I'm fearing is that is will be like the made for TV Noah's Ark (I forget the title) that played a few years ago when they didn't get any of the facts straight. They kind of crossed Abraham's life with Noah's life in the TV program. I just saw the preview for The Ten Commandments, that's why I'm bringing this up early. I actually love the original with Charlton Heston and Yul Brenor (spell check).

Anyway, is anyone going to watch this next Monday? If so, let me know what you think after watching it.

PHOTOTAKER

i thank tv made for profit is just odd... they just do thinga like this to get ratings... so i thank it will be low budget and not have many facts right... but well see... what time is it on???

Todd

Rajun Cajun
PHOTOTAKER said:
i thank tv made for profit is just odd... they just do thinga like this to get ratings...

Very true

so i thank it will be low budget and not have many facts right... but well see... what time is it on???

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. The preview comes on too quick, and before I can pay attention to it, the preview is over :(.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't put much faith in Hollywood getting the facts straight, Todd. I don't recall any movie ever made by Hollywood on any subject in which Hollywood got the facts straight. After all, they're in the entertainment business, not the scholar business.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I might have to give that a looking into Todd. A didn't know about the remake and I agree with lovin' the old classic one with Charlton Heston. He reminds me of my dad. :)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Todd said:
Just wonder what others think The Ten Commandments remake will be like on NBC next monday.
I think its a sin (really, I do).
I think it should be an 11th commandment:
Thou shalt not remake any movie.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
The original from 1956 and re-released in 1966 has been touted as one of the greatest movies of all time. Other than some neat-o special effects, I don't understand why someone felt compeled to re-make this classic.:confused:

I'll have to check the listing and see if AMC or anyone is showing the classic version this Easter. I think it would be neat to refresh my memory and then compare it with the remake.

/me types Yul Brynner into Spell Check and hands it to Todd. :p

Ormiston

I'll watch it for the effects, but it can only be a dissappointment compared to the original. My favorite scene is when the Pharoh and Rameses confront Moses while he's raising the obelisk and he drops a brick on the scales and wins the Pharoh over.

A

angellous_evangellous

Are you sure it's NBC? I can't find it online.

I was going to compare pics of Moses with pics of Jesus. It looks like the producers tried to make a connection in similar appearances.

FFH

Veteran Member
Just looked at the trailer, and in my opinion, it is the real deal. I felt a really good spirit about it, just from watching the trailer. It should be a great film.

nutshell

jewscout said:
if i watch a movie about the Exodus, i'll watch "The Prince of Egypt"

That truly is a great film and really put some things in perspective for me. For example, the close relationship between Moses and Ramses I never really picked up on until I say "The Prince of Egypt."

The same company did a version of Joseph and the Coat of many colors. Did you see that one? Was it any good?

FFH

Veteran Member
The Trinity Broadcasting Network is airing the making of the mini series "The Ten Commandments". It is the real deal, not some goofy remake.

I am watching it right now on TBN, or you can view it on www.TBN.org

Bishka

Veteran Member
FFH said:
The Trinity Broadcasting Network is airing the making of the mini series "The Ten Commandments". It is the real deal, not some goofy remake.

I am watching it right now on TBN. www.TBN.org

Just curious FFH, why don't you watch the BYU-TV? You live in Utah so you can watch it on tv and if you don't have a tv, you can watch it online, why TBN?

FFH

Veteran Member
beckysoup61 said:
Just curious FFH, why don't you watch the BYU-TV? You live in Utah so you can watch it on tv and if you don't have a tv, you can watch it online, why TBN?
I just finished watching "My Three Sons" on KBYU TV and now "The "Lawrence Welk Show" is on.

Not much of a choice there, so I turned to TBN, cuz I really do enjoy religious programming, and TBN is non denominational, so they don't push any particular religion.

KBYU TV is on the net at www.kbyu.com.

They are still showing the making of "The Ten Commandments on TBN, so I would rather watch that.

SoyLeche

meh...
If it ain't broke, there's no need to fix it. There is no need at all to remake the Cecil B. Demille version - this one will be crap just like every other remake that I've seen recently.