• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Theistic Satanist..As I see it

raymkoak

Theistic Satanist
Satanism, in my view, is an itelligent, educated, realistic way of living life while keeping the door to the possibility of the existence of a "spiritual" realm open. Atheistic Satanism doesn't make much sense to me because, as Satanists, we are encouraged to be deep thinking, rational, and intelligent people. How is it rational to completely discount the "possibility" of the existence of any deity? One can't know that there isn't one, much like one can't know that there is one. Satanists may serve themselves better by keeping an open mind. This doesn't mean you have to grovel to anyone or anything (many of us Theistic Satanists do not grovel whatsoever), it simply means that as a logical person, one should realize that it is illogicall to make absolute claims. Same goes for atheists. You can't say that god doesn't exist, just like the xian can't say that god does exist. Neither of you "know", therefore it is unfair and illogical to make those claims. Many people may "feel" one way or the other, but they do not "know". And if there is someone out there who does claim to "know", it would be unverifiable. So, let's stay reasonable, let's play on the same team the way we're supposed to, and let's allow ourselves to learn from one another.

I do believe in your sprit, my sprit , and i do believe energy dose go on after the fact , but why is sprit here ? instead of their ? I dont think any sprit ever goes their , we walk off into the foggy night , but to think of a creator , was self deciet , where is god ? dose he have medicade ? for him to be all mighy , he sure has done a real good job of things . some fokes just dont aknoledge any one - they put all of it away , only how they think and that is it , willing to give it all up too , see you later .

Sirktas

Magician
Atheistic Satanism doesn't make much sense to me because, as Satanists, we are encouraged to be deep thinking, rational, and intelligent people.

Let's just say that different people have different ways of thinking, and different beliefs on what is deep thinking and rational. I will elaborate, if you wish.

How is it rational to completely discount the "possibility" of the existence of any deity? One can't know that there isn't one, much like one can't know that there is one. Satanists may serve themselves better by keeping an open mind. This doesn't mean you have to grovel to anyone or anything, it simply means that as a logical person, one should realize that it is illogicall to make absolute claims.

There is reason to harbor such incredulity. The gods of this earth were created by man. I simply see the insignificant gods of this world as spiritual devices created by men. For me, it is more logical to believe in the natural forces of this universe, because that is all that they have proved to be, and no text has defined its laws as they really are.

With that being said, I am open to the possibility of some 'force of creation', because it is as you said, I do not know what created the universe, what is outside it, or what is unseen in this dimension, and I do not discredit any belief one holds as their own. The simple fact that one believes in their god gives credit to its existence.

I have to agree with your last statement. As a Theistic Satanist, do you believe that there are gods, physical, metaphoric, or intangible, or simply that there could be?