• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crimson Universe

Can you recommend me some good introductory books that has true accounts of people experiencing the Void during their NDE or OBE session?

Thank you. :=)

The Crimson Universe

I've never heard of someone experiencing that.

I've experienced something like a void few years ago. It was pitch black. No walls, floors or boundaries of any kind. It was a terrifying experience.
I have a book in which the author speaks of this dark emptyness but i haven't read it yet. I would like to gather more information on this subject from other authors as well, and so i'm looking for more books. :=)

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I've experienced something like a void few years ago. It was pitch black. No walls, floors or boundaries of any kind. It was a terrifying experience.
I have a book in which the author speaks of this dark emptyness but i haven't read it yet. I would like to gather more information on this subject from other authors as well, and so i'm looking for more books. :=)

I've experienced similar.

The Crimson Universe

What's was terrifying about it? What made you scared?

When i woke up i saw darkness all around me. I couldn't see anything. I tried to speak but no sound came from my mouth. And an invisible force was pushing me back into my earlier sleeping position. The more i tried to get up, it was pushing me back (probably back into my physical body, even though i couldn't see my body due to the pitch black darkness).

What was your experience? :=)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
When i woke up i saw darkness all around me. I couldn't see anything. I tried to speak but no sound came from my mouth. And an invisible force was pushing me back into my earlier sleeping position. The more i tried to get up, it was pushing me back (probably back into my physical body, even though i couldn't see my body due to the pitch black darkness).
I guess I'm unclear on the definition of 'The Void'. Why would you call it a void if there were invisible forces. Maybe it's what I would think of as no sensory input but your mind was active to experience it?

Certainly sleep paralysis is a known phenomena. Do you think your physical eyes were open or closed during this experience?

The Crimson Universe

I guess I'm unclear on the definition of 'The Void'. Why would you call it a void if there were invisible forces. Maybe it's what I would think of as no sensory input but your mind was active to experience it?

Certainly sleep paralysis is a known phenomena. Do you think your physical eyes were open or closed during this experience?

When i did a google search describing my experience, i found that experts who studied or recorded such similar experiences were calling it the void due to the dark emptyness of that realm.

I'm not sure if there were any entities around me at that time. Even if there were, they were probably invisible or it could have been the silver cord of my astral body pulling/drawing me back to my physical body. Again i'm not sure what it was.

I'm assuming that my eyes (of my physical body) were closed but i can't really tell for sure because i didn't see my physical body lying in my bed at the time i was having the OBE session, as i found myself in the void with nothing in sight except for darkness all around.

I shared this on a paranormal forum at that time and a couple of the members said that i could have accidentally went out of body and i was probably unaware of it.

I've had multiple sleep paralysis before where i found myself awake lying in my bed with eyes closed and yet i was unable to move my limbs, head or torso.
Often during an SP session i felt a heavy force on my chest but this void experience that i had was nothing like a SP session though.

o_O