• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There Are Many Revelations About The Sabbath

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
One of the things the Torah says about the Shabbat, is that it is kept in commemoration of the Exodus from Egypt. You can't really do that if you are not of the people of Israel, thus, keeping the sabbath is only required of Jews.

Deut 5:15
Remember that you too were once slaves in the land of Egypt, and the Lord, your God, brought you out from there with a strong hand and outstretched arm. That is why the Lord, your God, has commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

RestlessSoul

One of the things the Torah says about the Shabbat, is that it is kept in commemoration of the Exodus from Egypt. You can't really do that if you are not of the people of Israel, thus, keeping the sabbath is only required of Jews.

Deut 5:15
Remember that you too were once slaves in the land of Egypt, and the Lord, your God, brought you out from there with a strong hand and outstretched arm. That is why the Lord, your God, has commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Is that why I’m working on a Sunday?

IndigoChild5559

Most places in the world use the Gregorian calander. I'm surprised you hadn't noticed tbh.
Why would that matter? The commandment to keep the sabbath was given from God to the Israelites aka the Jewish people. Thus, it is our calendar which determines what is the seventh day.

Although this is not relevant to the sabbath, FWIW the Gregorian calendar has Saturday as the seventh day and Sunday as the first day. There are some places in Europe like Sweden which have recently altered this to organizing their calendars to where Sunday is the seventh day, but other places like the United States have stuck to the traditional Gregorian calendar.

However, any overlap between the seventh day on the Gregorian calendar is merely coincidental. The Gregorian calendar was not around when Moses got the commandments.

AdamjEdgar

The commandment to keep the sabbath was given from God to the Israelites aka the Jewish people. Thus, it is our calendar which determines what is the seventh day.
Can i just raise an observation here...so many people harp on about the Sabbath being an Israelite-only Mosaic Law (along with the rest of the commandments).

The bible calls "saints" found in Revelation 14:12 "Spiritual Israel". When the gospel was given to the Gentiles (which in modern day terms is us just in case you dont know that) those who accept Christ become known as "Spiritual Israel". All modern Christians are Spiritual Israel.

This means that all of the original Israelite commandments and services as given by Moses are to be adhered to by the Gentiles (spiritual Israelites). The only thing that changes is the need to perform sacrifices of sheep and goats. The reason why this is not required is because the sacrifice pointed at the death of Christ. Once he died once for all sins, we no longer need to sacrifice animals ourselves. That does not mean we do not need to ask for forgiveness of sins or to engage in the other parts of the sanctuary service...Christ made it very clear that we must come before God and confess our sins in order for them to be forgiven.

The Sabbath predates Moses by more than 2000 years...it was first kept in the garden of Eden by Adam and Eve.
The sacrificing of animals also predates Moses...Adam and Eve sacrificed animals...read the story of Cain and Abel and ask yourself...why were these two young men sacrificing to God? It was very obviously because the model Moses gave to the Israelites was a reminder of the original services to God that were meant to illustrate how the prophecy given to Eve in Genesis 4:14&15 would be fulfilled! (Christ referred to this event in Luke 24:27, the apostle Paul in Romans 16:20 )

Therefore the sanctuary services of Moses were not merely Mosaic Jewish only traditions, the keeping of the Sabbath is a very important commandment and failure to do so is a sin and failing to ask forgiveness for intentionally and wilfully not keeping the sabbath will deny one salvation.

IndigoChild5559

Can i just raise an observation here...so many people harp on about the Sabbath being an Israelite-only Mosaic Law (along with the rest of the commandments).

The bible calls "saints" found in Revelation 14:12 "Spiritual Israel". When the gospel was given to the Gentiles (which in modern day terms is us just in case you dont know that) those who accept Christ become known as "Spiritual Israel". All modern Christians are Spiritual Israel.

This means that all of the original Israelite commandments and services as given by Moses are to be adhered to by the Gentiles (spiritual Israelites). The only thing that changes is the need to perform sacrifices of sheep and goats. The reason why this is not required is because the sacrifice pointed at the death of Christ. Once he died once for all sins, we no longer need to sacrifice animals ourselves. That does not mean we do not need to ask for forgiveness of sins or to engage in the other parts of the sanctuary service...Christ made it very clear that we must come before God and confess our sins in order for them to be forgiven.

The Sabbath predates Moses by more than 2000 years...it was first kept in the garden of Eden by Adam and Eve.
The sacrificing of animals also predates Moses...Adam and Eve sacrificed animals...read the story of Cain and Abel and ask yourself...why were these two young men sacrificing to God? It was very obviously because the model Moses gave to the Israelites was a reminder of the original services to God that were meant to illustrate how the prophecy given to Eve in Genesis 4:14&15 would be fulfilled! (Christ referred to this event in Luke 24:27, the apostle Paul in Romans 16:20 )

Therefore the sanctuary services of Moses were not merely Mosaic Jewish only traditions, the keeping of the Sabbath is a very important commandment and failure to do so is a sin and failing to ask forgiveness for intentionally and wilfully not keeping the sabbath will deny one salvation.
Adam, the very first time God commanded any form of Sabbath observance was when Israelites were to gather more manna on friday, and not gather manna on saturday. There is literally no time where God commands a Gentile to rest on the Sabbath. Furthermore, God says that the reason we are to remember the Sabbath is to remember how he took us out of slavery in Egypt. YOUR ancestors were never slaves in Egypt.