• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These conspiracy theory believers went deep down the rabbit hole — then found a way out

Wandering Monk

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I have a friend and neighbor who is totally hooked, and it is like a drug addiction. She has her circle of ilk and gets so energized when there's a new pill to swallow its amazing! Even though she knows I'm most likely to just smile and shake my head, she still fills me in on some of it.

It doesn't affect our friendship even though it's tough at times. I don't expect her to ever change. She lost a son to Covid and clung to the vaccine conspiracies almost to the point of losing her eldest in the battle of whose right. She still brings up the vaccine issue from time to time.

The fact she doesn't bring up politics anymore is a hopeful sign. Not that she'll ever give up on Trump, but that she's not so self-assure anymore.