• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They are not kids toys!

Mass Effect= Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica/Babylon 5

Valiant Hearts The Great War= All Quiet on the Western Front

Assassin's Creed Black Flag= Pirates of the Caribbean

Why do people still think video games are children's toys? Today's games have themes that appeal to adults. I think it is unethical to relegate entire mediums to children's entertainment. When comic books first came out they were held to a strict code of censorship. Is there still a stigma against people who play them? I know a fighter pilot who plays World of Warcraft.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You just have overlooked this thing here I posted in a rather similar thread you created a while back.

At any rate, in no way do I find it unethical to "relegate" something to children's entertainment even if a handful of people still do this. That suggests there's something wrong with children's entertainment or that it is somehow lesser, neither of which is the case.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It may be because many earlier games, like Pong, Centipede, Mario and Sonic, could go either way, and Nintendo has long tried to uphold a more family-friendly image. But the Playstation and Xbox cater to an older gaming community, PC caters to both children and adults, but the stereotype of gaming being for kids still stands.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Video gaming is primarily adult orientated which is why GTA, CoD and Battlefield sell so well. Children make up a growing minority in gaming now and considering the prices of consoles and the mere expense of gaming. Child orientated my foot.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
Just look at how many subscribers Pewdiepie has...
Apparently even watching other people play video games is huge entertainment now.
That guy has made an absurd amount of money, taping himself playing "games"

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I'm a 32-year-old video gamer and I'm proud of it :D

Without video games, I'm like a fish out of water... and for a long time.

Oh, I'm originally a video gamer and a tech lover that don't care about religion at all. I dunno how I ended up here to be bashed by people :D