• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think lethal autonomous robots worldwide are not on the horizon? Think again.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This had already been predicted in this marvelous piece of cinematic history:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure how you could know what will and won't happen in a real war in the future. Are you from the future?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure how you could know what will and won't happen in a real war in the future. Are you from the future?
One needn't be from the future to know that
a fell new weapon will certainly be used in war.
I'm also certain that winter will occur again.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's pretty clear to note what direction this is headed in as well as in pointing out these platforms actually exist and are ready for use.

A lot of science fiction in the past is now a reality as well.

Using these things have already happened in real life and its just a matter of time where the question is no longer if, but when.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I would imagine in some distant future, some extraterrestrial space travelers might come across a planet devoid of human life, all destroyed by automated weapons.

e5287cfa-121d-4ba5-98f8-5e7a8d36a221_text.gif

Twilight Hue

I would imagine in some distant future, some extraterrestrial space travelers might come across a planet devoid of human life, all destroyed by automated weapons.

e5287cfa-121d-4ba5-98f8-5e7a8d36a221_text.gif
Such a scenario would certainly support the Fermi paradox.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't generally go looking for new things to worry about. In fact, I try not to worry about even those things that are already in front of me, as worrying does little to mitigate them.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's pretty clear to note what direction this is headed in as well as in pointing out these platforms actually exist and are ready for use.

A lot of science fiction in the past is now a reality as well.

Using these things have already happened in real life and its just a matter of time where the question is no longer if, but when.
I suppose.

Not concerned either way. It's not sustainable technology. It would be unsurprising to see "civilization" collapse before use of any of this nonsense becomes any real issue.

Twilight Hue

I suppose.

Not concerned either way. It's not sustainable technology. It would be unsurprising to see "civilization" collapse before use of any of this nonsense becomes any real issue.
Possibly.

I'm sure in years ahead, we will see autonomous platforms out and about in a non lethal capacity, but in light of human nature, that will, with a degree of certainty change to the lethal end.

JIMMY12345

Twilight Hue

Terrible.If only only 2 or 3 people are left on earth.Who's going to post on RF.com?
It's why the Fermi Paradox intrigues me that sometimes civilizations get so advanced, they end up destroying themselves at some point.

For me I think AI autonomous platforms could possibly be the catalyst, and it makes me wonder if there's a planet out somewhere in the galaxy that has nothing but self learning machinery battling each other on the surface, and rebuilding themselves and battling again and again.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

It's all back on the table and eventually it's going to happen in a real war.
What do you mean "eventually"? The US military has had autonomous armed drones for - as far as I can tell from a quick Googling - 20 years. An example: