• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

those who went from us were never of us

Vickie27

I am trying to find this verse and I know it is somewhere in the New Testament... it goes something like, "those who left us and came back were never gone, but those who left and never came back were never of us in the first place..."

Does anyone have any idea where this verse is? It keeps coming to me, and I really need to find it.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Heb 6:4-6 said:
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the world to come,
6 and who have fallen away; it is impossible, I say, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify the Son of God afresh to themselves and put Him to an open shame.
Is this what you're looking for?

chuck010342

Vickie27 said:
I am trying to find this verse and I know it is somewhere in the New Testament... it goes something like, "those who left us and came back were never gone, but those who left and never came back were never of us in the first place..."

Does anyone have any idea where this verse is? It keeps coming to me, and I really need to find it.

which version?