• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thought

Rasheed Saeed

Just a thought that occurred to me,
Have we god prove or saying that God is a 'he'. I haven't came across one person to relate God as a 'she'.

Thoughts & answers?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Just saying, even though I'm not a Mod :D

I'm sure he is limiting it to Abrahamics for it is the Abrahamic DIR.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Just a thought that occurred to me,
Have we god prove or saying that God is a 'he'. I haven't came across one person to relate God as a 'she'.

Thoughts & answers?
The answer could only be supplied by a hebrew linguistic scholar. Who knows what He's talking about. Who doesn't have an agenda. Good luck.:D But yes, traditionally I've only heard "Father, Son, Holy Ghost," Our Father who art in Heaven,... etc. There are definitely defined Male and Females deities, obviously...

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I was mostly hoping to sound tongue in cheek.

What I mean is ,When you start attributing form where does it stop?... and When does it begin to cloud ones knowledge of God?

elmarna

since both man & woman create it is best to say that "HE" is used in the traditional sense.
The "great mother " is also been used to call unpon the life essence which I like better,but is less popular.
I do not think either gender would be offending god

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
^ hey I used to go to the UU church in Harrisburg on Clover Lane :D

In my opinion, labels can become slippery slopes to finite thoughts on the infinite. It's good for me. Not telling anyone anything though. More power to you all. :namaste