• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To all you health junkies, do you want to become physically strong?

ViKtoricus

A follower of Christ.
Since I am here in a religion forum, I'll try to give a little flavor of religion in this thread.

I used to be obsessed with information about steroids, muscle fibers, genetic engineering, periodization, strength training routines, basically anything and everything related to the pursuit of physical strength, like these guys: (Can't post video yet but will.)

But then I got sick and tired of all the BS that has been floating everywhere that brainwashes people about the truth in health and fitness. Most of them do it for greed. They want to make money by inventing a crappy device that promises quantum physique transformation in days. And of course, what comes with selfishness comes BS.

When that time came, I decided to study on religion as a way to clear my mind of all the bad things I've seen. With it, I learned great things, including the origin of the earth, the origin of certain religions, and most importantly, the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Here's where I'm getting on.

I have read, tried, and learned the hard way things about the fitness industry that I feel everyone in the world ought to know. I consider it as my personal mission to save people from being ignorant in this area of endeavour. To prove to you that I am not just a talker, here is a video of me front-squatting 285 pounds. Not a super-impressive feat of strength for a 190-pounder, but it's definitely something that can't be done by a guy who hasn't been training for at least a few months:

(Can't post video yet but will.)

I am fascinated with physical strength and would like to know if anyone would be interested in becoming stronger. If so, just post questions right here before going to google, because the odds are, I've googled it myself and know more about it than the ones who writes those ad-infested articles.

Nichole_R

In the martial art I'm training in, strength is overcome every time by harmony. So, even though I want to get physically stronger, I work on achieving the same inner strength that enables people to drop bigger opponents to the ground without exertion.
That would just be so cool for a 5'3.5 (hehe), hundred pounder like me.

ViKtoricus

A follower of Christ.
In the martial art I'm training in, strength is overcome every time by harmony. So, even though I want to get physically stronger, I work on achieving the same inner strength that enables people to drop bigger opponents to the ground without exertion.
That would just be so cool for a 5'3.5 (hehe), hundred pounder like me.

Is it Aikido?

I heard that Aikido and Judo are like that.