• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To be or not to be: Contraception the Political issue

JIMMY12345

"Despite prominent Republicans’ claims to the contrary, “Republicans have a long history of attacking contraception,” says Dana Singiser, cofounder of the nonprofit Contraceptive Access Initiative. And since the Dobbs decision, “it is getting harder and harder for Republicans to actually hide their long-standing opposition to contraception.”

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in his concurring opinion on Dobbs that the court “should reconsider” its long-standing rulings, including the 1965 Griswold v. Connecticut decision, which granted married couples the right to use contraceptives without government oversight. (The Eisenstadt v. Baird decision seven years later granted unmarried couples the same right.)" Extract from the Independant newspaper
You can be Republican.You can be Democrat.You can be other.(I have good friends in ALL parties.)Please do not bring Politics in your responses,unless your making a factual point.
The question is as a voter : Do you or do you not support Contraception?
Reasons will be good.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't support or not support contraception. I support the individual's/couple's right to choose whether or not they wish to use it.
I go farther, ie, contraception is good for the environment.
(Too many people on the planet already.)

Clarence Thomas isn't a fan of non-enumerated civil rights.
One of them is the right to inter-racial marriage.
I wonder how he & Ginny would feel if that were over-turned,
& laws were passed making his marriage illegal.

Why do so many conservatives ignore the 9th Amendment, eh.

MikeF

Premium Member
"Despite prominent Republicans’ claims to the contrary, “Republicans have a long history of attacking contraception,” says Dana Singiser, cofounder of the nonprofit Contraceptive Access Initiative. And since the Dobbs decision, “it is getting harder and harder for Republicans to actually hide their long-standing opposition to contraception.”

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in his concurring opinion on Dobbs that the court “should reconsider” its long-standing rulings, including the 1965 Griswold v. Connecticut decision, which granted married couples the right to use contraceptives without government oversight. (The Eisenstadt v. Baird decision seven years later granted unmarried couples the same right.)" Extract from the Independant newspaper
You can be Republican.You can be Democrat.You can be other.(I have good friends in ALL parties.)Please do not bring Politics in your responses,unless your making a factual point.
Reasons will be good.

I, as a voter, would vote to prohibit restrictions being placed on all safe and effective contraception options. Why? Because they would be a safe and effective way to prevent conception.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
To the Supreme Court, the question is does the Constitution protect it? That's all. What states do and what voters want are all different issues.

PureX

Veteran Member
Contraception has nothing to do with me as a voter. If some idiot politician forces it to a vote I will vote to rid us of that politician.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Reasons will be good.
The availability of contraception has played a major role in the emancipation of women in the latter half of the c.20th, both their sexual emancipation and more generally by allowing them to choose when if at all to have children, and how many.

It is probably not too much of a stretch to say contraception is what is chiefly responsible for the forecast plateauing of the human population, which will be so important to controlling the effect of humanity on the planet.

I do not believe anyone in modern politics would seriously attempt to reverse it.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member