• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Cruise on Scientology

McBell

Admiral Obvious
In the E-mail containing the link in the OP, my brother said:
"If ever one needs a prime example of a fanatic, one needs look no further than that video."​

cardero

Citizen Mod
Maybe it was just me or maybe it was the way the video was edited, but I just watched some guy talk for 9 minutes and not say anything.

Smoke

Done here.
Maybe it was just me or maybe it was the way the video was edited, but i just watched some guy talk for 9 minutes and not say anything.
I had to google "scientology jargon" and look things up to know what he was talking about and even then, there wasn't much substance. He reminded me a great deal of some preachers I've known, though.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Maybe it was just me or maybe it was the way the video was edited, but I just watched some guy talk for 9 minutes and not say anything.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

What the heck was he talking about? :confused:

lunamoth

Will to love
Took the words right out of my mouth.

What the heck was he talking about? :confused:

I'd really like that seven minutes back (yes, I know it was over nine minutes, but I figured at 75% through I was not going to hear anything new in the last 2 minutes).

I don't know why this is news...it's just boring.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Yeah, it comes off like he's answering interview questions, but we never get to hear the question, just the answer.

Popeyesays

I loved the use of abbreviations that didn't mean anything to me. In short, nine minutes of gibberish.

Remember the old joke about the world's three biggest lies? One is: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

For Cruise it's: I'm a Scientologist and I'm here to confuse the hell out of you.

Regards,
Scott

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It is somewhat frightening that he thinks (and others think) they they are "authorities on the mind" and other drivel. I think the world needs to respond to Tom by saying, "Um. Tom, Earth to Tommy. We don't want or need your help, baby."

Perhaps this is his ultimate role where fantasy becomes reality.

kai

ragamuffin
all hail the tom , i think hes the best advert the atheists could get , man oh man !