• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam!!

sesame

Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 – Cherie Blair’s half-sister – said she now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque ‘when I can’.

Now I don’t eat pork and I read the Koran every day. I’m on page 60. I also haven’t had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years,’ she said.

’The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven’t wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.’

She said she hoped her conversion would help Mr Blair change his presumptions about Islam.

She said she hoped her conversion would help Mr Blair change his presumptions about Islam.

She said she become better emolpyee and mother after Isalm

Cool!

Why not! All the more for Allah! Alhamduli'llah!! ;)

Inshallah, I hope that she continues with her path in Islam. It's a beautiful religion when placed in the right context.

HonestJoe

I thought this happened quite some time ago (when Blair was still PM)? Even so, I don't see how it's especially relevant.

Landerage

Araknor
Barak Obama's parents are muslims as I know, and they live in Africa and I don't think he cares about them. Folowing a certain religion is for ownself for first reason, and as long as one know that the religion he chose is right for him, nobody can convince him otherwise. Good for Cherie for choosing Islam, indeed it appeared the right path for me.

Flankerl

Iam not sure that LDS people are allowed to complain about missionary work of other faiths.

As you do the exact same thing.

@topic
Good for her i guess.

Iam not sure that LDS people are allowed to complain about missionary work of other faiths.

As you do the exact same thing.

@topic
Good for her i guess.
You misunderstand. sesame said Islam is "good for everyone". Clearly, he is wrong in that respect, just as I would be wrong by saying the same thing about Mormonism. I believe the Mormon Church is good for those who are inclined to follow the Savior in the same way we LDS do.

Yes, good for her, if she's truly found what she is looking for.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Tony Blair cared so much he converted to Catholicism,in either case it has little meaning,people impose all sorts of things on themselves.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
’The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven’t wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.’

I can kind of relate to that; when I finally became a full Hindu, I just stopped eating beef. It wasn't deliberate or anything; I just stopped. I haven't really wanted any since.