• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump will lie. People will die.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

In case any were wondering, I found this video here: Trump 'Will Lie,' People Will Die: Republican Lincoln Project Releases Ominous New Video | HuffPost The existential fight for the future of America continues. Whether Republicans can reclaim the Trump party is an open question to me. We'll see what the American people do this November.

As COVID-19 continues to spread and the death toll surpasses 90,000, Trump “will lie” and he will “tweet instead of lead,” says the narrator in the ad. “He will blame others for his failures.”

Trump’s behavior and the deaths will continue week after week “until you do something about it,” the ad concludes.

It’s airing this week in the Washington, D.C., area.

“If there is one thing we can count on in the coming weeks, it’s that Donald Trump will continue to fail and embarrass the people he is elected to serve,” Lincoln Project co-founder Jennifer Horn said in a statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In case any were wondering, I found this video here: Trump 'Will Lie,' People Will Die: Republican Lincoln Project Releases Ominous New Video | HuffPost The existential fight for the future of America continues. Whether Republicans can reclaim the Trump party is an open question to me. We'll see what the American people do this November.

As COVID-19 continues to spread and the death toll surpasses 90,000, Trump “will lie” and he will “tweet instead of lead,” says the narrator in the ad. “He will blame others for his failures.”

Trump’s behavior and the deaths will continue week after week “until you do something about it,” the ad concludes.

It’s airing this week in the Washington, D.C., area.

“If there is one thing we can count on in the coming weeks, it’s that Donald Trump will continue to fail and embarrass the people he is elected to serve,” Lincoln Project co-founder Jennifer Horn said in a statement.
Does this mean if Trump stops lying, we would have conquered people dying?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Since it is abundandly clear that he will never stop lying, we'll never know for the future. I've no doubt the effect of his lies up until today will eventually be well understood, but that'll be historically interesting, but do absolutely squat for anyone who died unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Right because the virus hates liars and promises not to kill anybody that tells the truth.
No, it's because earlier action could have been taken. When intelligence was briefing him this is a serious threat, instead of planning for plague he was provoking a war. And when it got here, he downplayed, said there would be few cases and wouldnt be an issue, called it a Democray hoax, promoted untested drugs, uttered things severely stupid, contradicts himself and the experts frequently, and instead of briefing the nation he demands an Asian-America ask China about why petty stuff matters to him, and has a hissy fit over those mean journalist and those mean, unfair questions that hurt his feeling. People are getting sick and dying. Trump wanted to see people in Church on Easter, and guess what happened? People gathered on Easter, the virus spread, people got sick and died.

Kenny

Premium Member
Since it is abundandly clear that he will never stop lying, we'll never know for the future. I've no doubt the effect of his lives up until today will eventually be well understood, but that'll be historically interesting, but do absolutely squat for anyone who died unnecessarily.
Yes... so many people have passed away and each life was valuable. From China to the US, from Russia to the Golden Coast, from Canada to La Tierra de Fuego, each life is valuable.

May God continue to comfort those who have lost their loved one.

Life is short, let's cherish each moment and be thankful.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes... so many people have passed away and each life was valuable. From China to the US, from Russia to the Golden Coast, from Canada to La Tierra de Fuego, each life is valuable.

May God continue to comfort those who have lost their loved one.

Life is short, let's cherish each moment and be thankful.
I will say "amen" to that.

Kenny

Premium Member
And they know it was through services... how? It could have been at the local Walmart... I see everyone from my church at Walmart.

I think it was Walmart. A lot more people gather there and there is so much more less sanitizing going on there (I checked the bathrooms).

Maybe we could have church services at the vegetable aisle so that we won't get the virus?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Heh, last night I happened to catch a snippet of the nightly news on my break. The lady newsreader was like “Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine. It is not seen as promising for those infected and could be potentially dangerous to victims of the corona virus, medical experts warn.”
Because she had to be completely deadpan in her delivery, it made it sound even funnier.
Even the neutral nightly news is taking pot shots.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
And they know it was through services... how? It could have been at the local Walmart... I see everyone from my church at Walmart.

I think it was Walmart. A lot more people gather there and there is so much more less sanitizing going on there (I checked the bathrooms).

Maybe we could have church services at the vegetable aisle so that we won't get the virus?
What difference does it make if they got the virus at Walmart and brought it to the Church, or got it at the Church and brought it to Walmart?

Mitty

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
What difference does it make if they got the virus at Walmart and brought it to the Church, or got it at the Church and brought it to Walmart?
It is just that it is so easy to say "THERE IT IS" when you never know where you got it from.

Now that things are loosing up, are we going to play the blame game? Who can control where the virus is, where it comes from and where it is going?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

This isn't the first time origins if an infection have been tracked down. I don't known how they do it, bit I do know they just don't say "this person has covid and went to church, that's where they got it." At the minimum I do know people are interviewed.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People should be able to rely on their leaders to tell the truth. People should be able to rely on their leaders to take responsibility for problems that occur in the nation not to repeatedly eschew responsibility.