• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth in politics: Fiat veritas, pereat mundus

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is a quotation from Hannah Arendt's Truth and Politics.

It is against all those liars and deceivers in politics who believe that the people are too sensitive, too inexperienced to gain access to certain truths.
There would be chaos and revolution, if commoners found out the truth. So truth must be covered up.
Fiat veritas, pereat mundus basically means: Let truth be widespread, and may the people perish.

Another member of the banking sewer, said once:

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Which basically means: that if people found out that the money they earn is created through fraudulent means and through usury, they would rise up, assault the building of power, and kill all these usurers.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ignorance and falsehood are "planted deep". A poem by Sri Aurobindo speaks to this 'A God's Labour' - poem by Sri Aurobindo here is one stanza. When the day comes that real truth is established more than just the banking system will be uprooted - everything based on falsehood will be.

I saw that a falsehood was planted deep
    At the very root of things
Where the grey Sphinx guards God's riddle sleep
    On the Dragon's outspread wings.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Another member of the banking sewer, said once:

Which basically means: that if people found out that the money they earn is created through fraudulent means and through usury, they would rise up, assault the building of power, and kill all these usurers.
Henry Ford was not a banker, but he was a capitalist.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Right...but what do you think of what he said?
Do you agree with him?
I don't. There should be a revolution, but people comply with the system, even if they understand it. As long as the system has some benefit, and the bankers keep their usury below a certain threshold, it isn't worth to go to war for most.
But the bankers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes - even before politicians and lawyers.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't. There should be a revolution, but people comply with the system, even if they understand it. As long as the system has some benefit, and the bankers keep their usury below a certain threshold, it isn't worth to go to war for most.
I don't understand this passage. Could you write it in German, please? :)
But the bankers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes - even before politicians and lawyers.
You forget something: the bankers are unarmed and few. The people and the army are armed, and are many. Many, many, many.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't. There should be a revolution, but people comply with the system, even if they understand it.
Ah...ok.
I get what you mean.
No...they have no idea of how the system works, that is why they comply with it. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Most people don't. And those who do are not enough to lead a successful revolution.
Honestly I think that the EU is walking on thin ice.
That is why they didn't put Draghi as president of the EU Commission.
Goldman Sachs banker...go figure.
Too many farmers' protests, too many strikes...too many revolts.
;)

I am not saying I like Ursula...I just think she is the result of a mediation. A common ground.