• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Apocalyptic Books in the Christian Bible

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
there are two apocalyptic books in the christian bible but most christians focus on revelation and ignore the book of daniel.

so wouldn't both be relevant to a timeline regarding the end of the world?

and revelation and apocolypse basically mean to uncover, or reveal. but both are from different periods in time. so which is accurate.

Batya

Always Forward
There are others that are very apocalyptic, Joel and Zechariah to name a couple, but all of the prophets have very relevant "apocalyptic" prophecies and context. I honestly think the whole bible. particularly the OT, is really prophetic, in the stories, in the lives of people, etc. I don't know that you can make a timeline per se, but I do think it all paints a fairly cohesive picture. A lot of things in the scriptures are cyclical, so prophecy is the same way, I think you can almost look at it as "layered" in a way, you'll see aspects of things that have already happen repeat in some fashion.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
There are others that are very apocalyptic, Joel and Zechariah to name a couple, but all of the prophets have very relevant "apocalyptic" prophecies and context. I honestly think the whole bible. particularly the OT, is really prophetic, in the stories, in the lives of people, etc. I don't know that you can make a timeline per se, but I do think it all paints a fairly cohesive picture. A lot of things in the scriptures are cyclical, so prophecy is the same way, I think you can almost look at it as "layered" in a way, you'll see aspects of things that have already happen repeat in some fashion.
As stated in Ecclesiastes "there is nothing new under the sun." But rather than cyclical, I view it as spiral. Repetitious, but still moving forward.