• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Cricket (Sports)

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Decided to post in a new section of the forum.

Did you guys know that the US plays Cricket?

I didn't. Turns out the US just recently beat Pakistan in an upset securing themselves the T20 World Cup.

So not only did I not know we played cricket, we also happened to win a world cup at it!?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member

I didn't. Turns out the US just recently beat Pakistan in an upset securing themselves the T20 World Cup.

So not only did I not know we played cricket, we also happened to win a world cup at it!?

I thought the US had baseball instead!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I feel ya in the niche sports department.

I have a penchant for watching curling.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I wish rugby or Aussie rules had a bigger following here.
I've seen the US Rugby Union team in real life

They were coming out of a hotel and onto a coach as I was making my way to the station in the middle of a city

There was press there and some fans

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I was over in America about 20 years ago and staying in Sunnyvale CA, there was a park down the road and I couldn't believe how many people were playing cricket in the park.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

The US didn't win the entire competition, they just beat Pakistan in one of the games (though that was still an impressive feat as the article points out).

The fact is that most developed countries have teams that compete in most international sports, it's just that there can be huge differences in the level of interest, investment and therefore general quality from different nations. The US in particular participates on pretty much all internationally played teams sports I'm aware of, but tend to get limited home interest given the focus on (American) Football, Baseball and Basketball.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

ajay0

Yes, US defeated former world champions Pakistan in its inaugural debut game. This is considered to be one of the greatest upsets in sports history and the biggest upset in cricket history.