• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UU minister will be on the O'Reilly Factor tonight

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
OK, I don't normally watch Bill O'Reilly, let alone tell other people to watch him. But UU minister Deb Hafner will be on the show (in slightly over an hour) to support Barak Obama's recent statements on sex ed. For those of you who don't know Deb Hafner, she's a UU minister and the director of the Religious Institute of Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing. She will be speaking as both a member of the clergy and as a sex educator.

applewuud

I was travelling in red-state Florida yesterday, and my talk-radio choices were between Dennis Prager and Rush Limbaugh:banghead3 . Prager was on a rant about how Barack Obama (a member of a UCC church that also uses and helped develop the OWL curriculum) had endorsed having "age-appropriate sex education for kindergardeners", [like that's a bad thing]. This was good for about an hour's worth of caller speculation of whether liberals would support gun education in the schools. Prager was at a loss as to how sex education wouldn't encourage more immoral sex. Apparently those who are uneducated have no interest in it. Some caller told him about OWL and he said he'd look it up on the Web.

My family members down there included people who were complaining about those liberals who are obsessed about that fiction of global warming, and asked me why we in Massachusetts keep re-electing "that Ted Kennedy". They all agreed that the media is in the total control of the liberals, except for Fox News, of course. There was no Air America and most of the low-frequency FM frequencies that are typically used by NPR were broadcasting fundamentalist programming. It was rather like LIVING on the O'Reilly Factor for a few days. I had to stuff it :foot: in the interest of peace, and honestly, in the interest of trying to learn more about a conservative viewpoint that so distorts things.

How did she do? Did Wild Bill let her actually say something?

jonny

OK, I don't normally watch Bill O'Reilly, let alone tell other people to watch him. But UU minister Deb Hafner will be on the show (in slightly over an hour) to support Barak Obama's recent statements on sex ed. For those of you who don't know Deb Hafner, she's a UU minister and the director of the Religious Institute of Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing. She will be speaking as both a member of the clergy and as a sex educator.

That will be interesting to watch. I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

I don't think I'll agree with her, but I'm glad that the "evil Faux news" is letting you liberals speak... :areyoucra

Smoke

Done here.
I was travelling in red-state Florida yesterday, and my talk-radio choices were between Dennis Prager and Rush Limbaugh:banghead3 .
My native state -- it would be paradise if it weren't for the bugs, the reptiles, the hurricanes and the people. ;)

I was travelling in red-state Florida yesterday, and my talk-radio choices were between Dennis Prager and Rush Limbaugh:banghead3 .
Don't feel cheated; I live in California, Rush is huge here, too. :D

How did she do? Did Wild Bill let her actually say something?
Seems like it. Their disagreement was very specific and it was a calm discussion. Boooringgg....:D lol

UnTheist

LOL! My mother called her a whack-job for wanting age appropriate sex-ed in schools just because she mentioned her church teaching sex-ed. Apparently, according to my mom, she is just trying to push an "agenda" of her own religious beliefs in schools.

And she (and Bill) thinks the word "uterus" is totally inappropriate to explain to children. Whatever...

I personally agreed with some of her points, though. (the minister)

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I loved O'Reilly's blind panic every time she said a part of the female anatomy system- and then called them explicit. You would think she was up there going "p****" or "snatch" or something- not uterus.