• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Validity of Muhammad's message.

thedude

Ok so I just finished doing research on Islam for a paper I'm writing. And from what I found, Muhammad was the only person responsible for starting Islam.(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) So my question is, why do so many people put so much faith in the opinion of only one man? Couldn't he have been wrong about his visions and such?

Yes, but people put his faith in him and believe he was right. I for one don't believe with a lot of his things, but Muslims have found SO much good he has done...

Ita more then a rock England... Its where Islam started... That was the city where Muhammed lived. That Kaaba was where the idols of many gods were, until Muhammed destroyed all hte people and idols there. Then it became entirely Muslim.

People can say the same about England...Why do we have the highest teenage birth pregnancy birth rates? Why are kids killed on our streets? Why is our youth turning on our elders? Why is our nation going down the drain? Why is Gordon Brown to be the secong Prime Minister to be questioned by police? Why is our goverment so corrupt that they let John Abrahams donate illegal money? They all knew about it and did nothing.

It has to work both ways.

goraya15

Ita more then a rock England... Its where Islam started... That was the city where Muhammed lived. That Kaaba was where the idols of many gods were, until Muhammed destroyed all hte people and idols there. Then it became entirely Muslim.

Just to clear up a point here. Muhammad (peace be upon him) did destroy all the idols in the Kabah, but he DID NOT kill anyone in Mecca. Read a reliable history source. They are all unanimous on the fact that when Muhammad did march on Mecca, he conquered the city without so much as a drop of blood, and when he was in full control of the city, he forgave all his past antagonists who had killed many of close followers and friends.

They go around the rock during Ramadhaan for the Hajj, or the annual pilgrimage, in remembrance and honor of the sacrifice of Hadhrat Abraham, when he was ready to sacrifice his only son Ismael on divine revelation.

What do you mean opinion of one man? Weren't all the major religions in the world, Christianity and Judaism, founded by one man, with a single opinion?

Major religions of the world...Hmmm, HINDUISM??? Dont over-generalise it. Muahmmed had 3 wars with 1 army, he killed em, the army of mecca. Therefore meccans were in the army.

Jon²

Blah, Blah, Blah
Ok so I just finished doing research on Islam for a paper I'm writing. And from what I found, Muhammad was the only person responsible for starting Islam.(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) So my question is, why do so many people put so much faith in the opinion of only one man? Couldn't he have been wrong about his visions and such?

Before I say anything: I am not a Muslim (although Islam is a religion I'm very interested in), so I'm basing anything I say here off of what I've read. If I'm wrong about something I apologize.

But in all honesty it's no different than Christians following Jesus & his teachings. And the Muslim community are not "following Muhammad". They are following God's will, which God chose to pass on to the masses through Muhammad.

Also Muhammad did not "start" Islam. Muslims believe Islam is the faith of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, etc., etc. Basically the same religion as Judaism & Christianity. Both started as Islam but went off track. The Qu'ran is the absolute, pure, untarnished "version" (for lack of a better word) to bring everything back where Jews and Christians might have gone astray.

As for "couldn't he have been wrong?". Sure but that's where the whole absolute belief/faith thing comes into play.

Super Universe

Defender of God
John Lennon wrote some songs that I don't really care for. They're bad, terrible. Things I would never listen to again, ever. But there's this one song he wrote that I think is really special.

Why do people put so much faith in the opinion of one man? It's not the man they are putting their faith in, it's what came from him that is special to them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hi Dude! Welcome to the Forum!

Out of curiosity, what do you think makes people put faith in any religious figure's message? For instance, what if anything, makes people put faith in the message of Jesus? Or of the Buddha?

mcteethinator

Idiosyncratic Muslim

Why are you singling out Islam? Nearly all of the popular religions of the world today were started by one man, save Hinduism.

neves

Jon²;1004522 said:
Before I say anything: I am not a Muslim (although Islam is a religion I'm very interested in), so I'm basing anything I say here off of what I've read. If I'm wrong about something I apologize.

But in all honesty it's no different than Christians following Jesus & his teachings. And the Muslim community are not "following Muhammad". They are following God's will, which God chose to pass on to the masses through Muhammad.

Also Muhammad did not "start" Islam. Muslims believe Islam is the faith of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, etc., etc. Basically the same religion as Judaism & Christianity. Both started as Islam but went off track. The Qu'ran is the absolute, pure, untarnished "version" (for lack of a better word) to bring everything back where Jews and Christians might have gone astray.

As for "couldn't he have been wrong?". Sure but that's where the whole absolute belief/faith thing comes into play.

what he said... :)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I really think that all the major relgions of the world are just a form of control with the carrot of going to paradise after death if they behave a certain way.I believe in god yet i follow no set religion and have no need to read something written 2000 years ago.As for prothets David Eicke(hope i have got the name right)believed he is the son of God but nobody believes him because we know he is just a mortal man so why believe things men have said 2000 years ago.

Mr. Peanut

So my question is, why do so many people put so much faith in the opinion of only one man? Couldn't he have been wrong about his visions and such?

Hi!

Perhaps many have no choice? Perhaps they do not have the resources to study other scriptures, etc. to determine whether he or his teachings could have been wrong. Perhaps some fear to question it due lack of religious freedom, intimidation and even threat of death. Despite these obstacles, some have left Islam.

Cheers!

I really think that all the major relgions of the world are just a form of control with the carrot of going to paradise after death if they behave a certain way.I believe in god yet i follow no set religion and have no need to read something written 2000 years ago.As for prothets David Eicke(hope i have got the name right)believed he is the son of God but nobody believes him because we know he is just a mortal man so why believe things men have said 2000 years ago.

THINK! All major religions? Hinduism? Do some reasearch into it! Dont go making assumptions of Eastern and Dharmic religions! The Abrahamic religions problems dont make all the religions in the world like them,

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
The prophet's time is littered with war, murder and crime. His own biography is testimony to this.