• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vatican Girl

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I have always wanted to start a thread about the Orlandi case...
it's one of the most horrific intrigues of the 20th century where I live because it merges politics, the Church, Pope Wojtila, into one endless mystery.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have never believed the Vatican is holy.
I will never believe it is holy.
I think the holy men who try to rule the Vatican are either poisoned (Albino Luciani) or shot (Karol Wojtila).
Or blackmailed, or forced to resign.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that a 15 year old girl cannot disappear just like that, unless there is a big organization taking care of everything.
And when you are Vatican citizen, there are walls, high walls of silence that prevent a democratic state like Italy from meddling or finding the truth.
The Vatican is much more powerful than most European states. Unfortunately people ignore how powerful it is.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I know nothing about her, but I was always interested in the case of Edgardo Mortara, a 6 year-old Jewish boy taken by Pius IX's Vatican, and never returned to his family.