• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegan Subforum?

Vegan subforum, yes?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
How many vegans on RF would like a vegan forum? Not sure where it should go. Animal World I think would be more appropriate. The Food and Beverage forum wouldn't be appropriate considering veganism encompasses more than just diet. I thought about a forum for both vegetarians and vegans, but the former group is only about health, whereas the latter is about health, ethics and environment. Vegetarians still consume dairy and eggs which still contributes to suffering to animals, and/or health hazards.

How does veganism pertain to religion/spirituality? Well, having the awareness that animals value their lives and can suffer and feel pain like we can will help one become more enlightened and in tune with nature, and with God. Animals, after all, are God's creations. Looking at it from a Biblical perspective, Moses gave the law "love your neighbor as yourself." With that in mind, consider this: the Earth is our home. We share it with other species, therefore the animals are our neighbors and we should love them as we love ourselves.

(I know there are things in the Bible that seemingly promote violence against animals, and I have much to say on that, but for another time.) Forgive the tangent. What do you guys say? Do you think having a vegan subforum is a good idea?

Last edited: