• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very odd dream

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Though I can barely remember most of it, I saw uruz very clearly. It was superimposed on something. In fact, it was almost a forceful superimposition, large and "in-your-face". As with most runes, uruz has many meanings or manifestations given the circumstances it appears in. Moreover, uruz has been popping up all over the place... I discerned that it is part of the bind rune on my Mjöllnir pendant; it is part of the bind rune for protection of your vehicle. I burned the bind rune (raidho and uruz) on a wood round and have it hanging from my rear view mirror. I drew uruz last week as part of my occasional rune draws. Tyriel has this to say about it (I like her site): Uruz – Rune Meaning | Rune Secrets I've been kicking butt in a number of areas, which uruz seems to rule. I don't know if seeing uruz is the subconscious cause of all this butt-kicking or the effect of it. Oddly, though I embrace the bear in me, I've also been known on the internet and elsewhere as being a bull (and full of it :D).

Sees

Dragonslayer
Uruz is a powerful rune, literally :) When you start to make them integral to your thoughts and actions they definitely manifest in your circle of interactions and influence. It is a very cool thing to have dreams of them. A lot of it can be your state of wholeness mentally, spiritually, etc. effecting the physical world around you in more obvious ways. In the old traditions might isn't just the strength in our arms but spiritual, psychological, etc. strength from self-development, our deeds, and trickling in from our environment/relationships.

I always think of Uruz as holistic strength and force, temporary and enduring - to keep it simple :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In the old traditions might isn't just the strength in our arms but spiritual, psychological, etc. strength from self-development, our deeds, and trickling in from our environment.

Yes, yes! :) I've begun to think

what_would_thor_do_tshirt-r08a42032e9fe4c25a4b8cc253b858750_f0yu5_152.jpg

Maybe one of the reasons he called me so loudly is because he knew it was time for me to step up to the plate, stop being a victim (of myself) and man up. As Tyriel said "Uruz is linked to the god Thor and so continues on toward THURISAZ." Now I see why the bind rune on my Mjöllnir pendant is thurisaz, algiz and uruz. For a refresher, this is it.

image.png

I always think of Uruz as holistic strength and force, temporary and enduring - to keep it simple :D

Yep, I'm trying to get the big picture, fit everything together, see the forest for the trees and take action. :)

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I don't know what to tell you, Thorbjorn. You need to work on your composition skills more importantly, that was a vague paragraph.

What was the Uruz imposed on? "Something" like?

The Uruz is an enmpowering rune, for sure.

People do not notice it's psychological benefits.

Tell us about yourself, Thorbjorn.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You need to work on your composition skills more importantly, that was a vague paragraph.

What was the Uruz imposed on? "Something" like?

My composition skills are just fine. It was a vague dream. I don't know what the something was. It was some sort of background.

Tell us about yourself, Thorbjorn.

What do you want to know?

Whiterain

Well go on about your personal life, your hobbies and profession.

What is your profession?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no problem discussing those things, but the Ásatrú DIR isn't the right forum for it.

Whiterain

The directory nonsense is absurd, it should be fine to guide a discussion in your own thread.

If you feel like firing up an interview in the interview DIR like a bro, that would be great.