• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Visit a Museum! You'll Live Longer & Better.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even better, volunteer.

Excerpted...

How a 5-year study reveals museum-based wellness has the potential to be a ‘miracle cure’ for many​

It’s Saturday morning. You are barely awake, with a cup of coffee in your hand, and your gaze wanders to the window. It’s raining. So you make up your mind. This afternoon, you will go to a museum.
But what if, without realizing it, you just made a good decision for your health?

That’s the hypothesis put forward by the Association des Médecins francophones du Canada in 2018, when it launched the museum prescriptions program in partnership with the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. The project, now completed, has enabled thousands of patients to get a doctor’s prescription to visit a museum, either on their own or accompanied. The aim of the prescription was to promote the recovery and well-being of patients with chronic illnesses (hypertension, diabetes), neurological conditions, cognitive disorders or mental health problems. The decision to write the prescription was left to the discretion of the doctor.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Are the benefits the same if you're taking the kids to the museum?

Do you still wish the same benefits after taking the kids to the museum?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I love museums

There is one near me and they let me handle a decommissioned Bren gun that had been used in the Second World War

When I held it I wondered how many people it had killed and that made me feel a bit uneasy

There's an amazing museum in Edinburgh, it's massive

The British Museum in London is amazing too, although a lot of its artefacts have somehow found their way onto ebay and the Greeks want the Elgin marbles back

In Halifax there is a children's museum called Eureka, when I was 9 or 10 I enjoyed going there

Last edited: