• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Voter oddities in the coming presidential election

Mercy Not Sacrifice

With Hillary Clinton on the ballot, some strange signs are starting to show.

Oregon, typically a solid Blue state, would be a swing state.
Arkansas, a solid Red state in the last two elections, would be a Blue atate.
Florida, a notoriously divided state, would lean Blue.

Some things never change, though, such as Ohio's still being a swing state.

As usual, if last year's election results are the exact same except for Florida's or Ohio's switching to Blue, it will tip the scales to the Democrats.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Hillary is a polarising candidate. That could work for her or against her.

There is a slim chance the Republicans can retain the White House for a third term in a row. Hillary may just make that possible. After she gains the nomination, she will pander to the center. She is already pandering to the church going folks as we speak.

Her attempt to be all things to all people may just be her undoing.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Heh. Of course, as with any election, they'll do much of their catering to the swing states. States whose outcome is already known, such as New York and Alabama, receive very little attention. Such is one of the many fallouts from the electoral college system, I believe.

Some new polls are out. Missouri, who has gone with Bush in the last two elections, is leaning Blue.
New York and Illinois are solid Blue states.
Pennsylvania, which scored very narrow Democratic victories in 2000 and 2004, is a swing state.

powder21

Always Changing
Heh. Of course, as with any election, they'll do much of their catering to the swing states. States whose outcome is already known, such as New York and Alabama, receive very little attention. Such is one of the many fallouts from the electoral college system, I believe.
Yah, I seriously hate that about our voting system. California's obviously always blue, so we get no attention what so ever.

Smoke

Done here.
Yah, I seriously hate that about our voting system. California's obviously always blue, so we get no attention what so ever.
South Carolina's solid red, so we get little attention in the general election, but we also get incredible attention during the primaries. Every four years, every Republican with a hundred thousand dollars and a dream opens a presidential campaign office in Columbia. One of the many reasons I hate all Republican candidates is that in South Carolina we get to see them up close, pandering to the very worst elements of their party -- because the very worst elements are what we've got here.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I think New York will only be a solid blue state if Guiliani doesn't get the nomination. If it's him versus Hillary, then I don't think one can say for sure what direction the state will go.

Lots of people here hate Hillary. But, lots of people hate Rudy too.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

I think New York will only be a solid blue state if Guiliani doesn't get the nomination. If it's him versus Hillary, then I don't think one can say for sure what direction the state will go.

Lots of people here hate Hillary. But, lots of people hate Rudy too.

I would have thought so too. Which is why this result surprised me.