• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus a type of messiah (The Messiah) who illuminated the sacred scriptures for the lost sheep of the entire world?

Betho_br

Ancestry of Christian Thought: Egyptian--Hebrew--Greek

Egyptian Light and Hebrew Fire

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

The Ancient Egyptian Roots of Christianity

Christianity: An Ancient Egyptian Religion

Ancient Egypt: Cradle of Early Christianity

Out of Egypt: The Roots of Christianity Revealed

Egyptian Mythology: An Enthralling Overview of Egyptian Myths, Gods, and Goddesses

*******************************************************************************************************

Psalm 78 New International Version

In verses 64-67 of Psalm 78, there is a significant account of God's rejection of the descendants of Joseph, who was married to Asenath, the daughter of Pentephres, an Egyptian priest. Consequently, the tribe of Ephraim, one of Joseph's tribes, was not chosen by God (v. 67). This decision had profound implications, including in the context of Jesus’s ministry. He took refuge in the territory of Ephraim to avoid persecution from Jewish leaders (John 11:54), which further intensified the rejection he faced.

According to the biblical narrative, God transferred the scepter from Joseph to the tribe of Judah, as originally predicted by Jacob (Gen 49:8-12). During Joseph’s time, these promises might have seemed contradictory to what God had said about him (Gen 49:22-26). Joseph had been blessed with a significant future, with his sons Ephraim and Manasseh controlling vast territories. However, the ultimate reality described in Psalm 78 was that God would reject the prominence of Joseph and his tribes.

The scepter was passed to Judah in the person of David, who became the king of Israel. This scepter remained with David and his lineage, fulfilling the prophecy given by Jacob, which stated that the scepter would not depart from Judah until the one to whom it truly belongs comes, the one who would be honored by all nations (Gen 49:10). Thus, the shift in tribal leadership represents a significant transition in biblical history, aligning with the prophecy and divine purposes for the governance of Israel.

The notable aspect of Psalm 78 is that it employs the term "parable," a method that Jesus frequently uses in the Gospels.

The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah

The Forty-Two Judges

Do the 42 judges recall the 42 judges from Matt's sentencing trial?

Prophecies in the Hebrew Bible about the Conversion of Egypt, Ephraim, and Manasseh

1. Isaiah 19:18-25:
- Verse 18: “In that day there will be five cities in the land of Egypt that speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord of Hosts. One of them will be called the City of Destruction.”
- Verse 19: “In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border.”
- Verse 20: “It will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of Hosts in the land of Egypt; when they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One who will deliver them.”
- Verse 21: “The Lord will be known to Egypt; the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day; they will make sacrifices and offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and perform them.”
- Verse 22: “The Lord will strike Egypt, striking but healing; and they will return to the Lord, and He will listen to their pleas and heal them.”
- Verse 23: “In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt, and the Egyptians into Assyria; and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.”
- Verse 24: “In that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the land.”
- Verse 25: “The Lord of Hosts will bless them, saying: ‘Blessed be Egypt My people, Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.’”

2. Zechariah 10:6:
- “I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph. I will restore them because I have compassion on them; and they shall be as though I had not cast them aside; for I am the Lord their God, and I will hear them.”

3. Ezekiel 29:13-16:
- Verse 13: “For thus says the Lord God: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the peoples among whom they were scattered.”
- Verse 14: “And I will return the Egyptians to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin; and there they shall be a lowly kingdom.”
- Verse 15: “It shall be the most lowly of kingdoms, and never again exalt itself above the nations; and I will diminish them so that they will no longer rule over the nations.”
- Verse 16: “And it shall no longer be the house of Israel a confidence for them, bringing to remembrance the iniquity when they turn to her. Then they will know that I am the Lord God.”

References to Egypt in the Christian Bible ("New Testament'")

1. Matthew 2:13-15:
- Verse 13: “Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, ‘Rise, take the child and His mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child to destroy Him.’”
- Verse 14: “And he rose and took the child and His mother by night and departed to Egypt,”
- Verse 15: “and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, ‘Out of Egypt I called My Son.’”

2. Matthew 2:19-21:
- Verse 19: “But when Herod died, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,”
- Verse 20: “saying, ‘Rise, take the child and His mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child’s life are dead.’”
- Verse 21: “And he rose and took the child and His mother and went to the land of Israel.”

Egypt is frequently mentioned in the New Testament as a place of refuge during Jesus' infancy, according to Hebrew Bible ("Old Testament") prophecies. The prophetic references to Egypt in Isaiah and Ezekiel also emphasize the transformation and future redemption of nations that were historically enemies or opposed to Israel.

Was Jesus a type of messiah (The Messiah) who illuminated the sacred scriptures for the lost sheep of the entire world?

Last edited:

Betho_br

*******************************************************************************************************

Ex:

Meat with honey: It tenderizes the meat.
The lion meat was the most flavorful of the group. The meat was a bit tough, with a mild taste—like a cross between beef and chicken

Judges 14:8-20 The Message (MSG)

Some days later when he came back to get her, he made a little detour to look at what was left of the lion. And there a wonder: a swarm of bees in the lion’s carcass—and honey! He scooped it up in his hands and kept going, eating as he went. He rejoined his father and mother and gave some to them and they ate. But he didn’t tell them that he had scooped out the honey from the lion’s carcass. His father went on down to make arrangements with the woman, while Samson prepared a feast there. That’s what the young men did in those days. Because the people were wary of him, they arranged for thirty friends to mingle with him. Samson said to them: “Let me put a riddle to you. If you can figure it out during the seven days of the feast, I’ll give you thirty linen garments and thirty changes of fine clothing. But if you can’t figure it out then you’ll give me thirty linen garments and thirty changes of fine clothing.” They said, “Put your riddle. Let’s hear it.” So he said, From the eater came something to eat, From the strong came something sweet. They couldn’t figure it out. After three days they were still stumped. On the fourth day they said to Samson’s bride, “Worm the answer out of your husband or we’ll burn you and your father’s household. Have you invited us here to bankrupt us?” So Samson’s bride turned on the tears, saying to him, “You hate me. You don’t love me. You’ve told a riddle to my people but you won’t even tell me the answer.” He said, “I haven’t told my own parents—why would I tell you?” But she turned on the tears all the seven days of the feast. On the seventh day, worn out by her nagging, he told her. Then she went and told it to her people. The men of the town came to him on the seventh day, just before sunset and said, What is sweeter than honey? What is stronger than a lion? And Samson said, If you hadn’t plowed with my heifer, You wouldn’t have found out my riddle. Then the Spirit of GOD came powerfully on him. He went down to Ashkelon and killed thirty of their men, stripped them, and gave their clothing to those who had solved the riddle. Stalking out, smoking with anger, he went home to his father’s house. Samson’s bride became the wife of the best man at his wedding.

Pre-dynastic Naqada cooking pot - scientific analysis has shown that this pot once contained a meat stew with honey. The Naqada culture is an archaeological culture of Chalcolithic Predynastic Egypt (c. 4000–3000 BC), named for the town of Naqada, Qena Governorate.

The A-Group culture was an ancient culture that flourished between the First and Second Cataracts of the Nile in Lower Nubia. It lasted from c. 3800 BC to c. 3100 BC.

Frank Yurco (1996) argued that the pharaonic iconography, including royal crowns, Horus falcons, and victory scenes, was predominantly concentrated in the Upper Egyptian Naqada culture and the A-Group Lower Nubia. He emphasized that Egyptian writing originated in these regions—Naqadan Upper Egypt and A-Group Lower Nubia—rather than in the Delta cultures where Western Asian contact was more direct. Yurco's assertion challenges the theory of Mesopotamian influence on Egyptian writing, suggesting instead that the development of Egyptian writing was an indigenous phenomenon in these Upper Egyptian and Nubian areas, rather than an import from Mesopotamia. Frank J.Yurco (1996). "The Origin and Development of Ancient Nile Valley Writing," in Egypt in Africa, Theodore Celenko (ed). Indianapolis, Ind.: Indianapolis Museum of Art. pp. 34–35. ISBN 0-936260-64-5.

Attachments

• Pre-dynastic_Naqada_cooking_pot_HARGM_9833.jpg
    Pre-dynastic_Naqada_cooking_pot_HARGM_9833.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 23

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@Betho_br

Jesus very specifically stated that he was sent only for the lost sheep of Israel (sinful Jews). He never once preached to crowds of gentiles. Indeed, when he sent the disciples out to missionize, he specifically required them to avoid Gentiles.

Matthew 10:5-6:
"These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, 'Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'"

Betho_br

@Betho_br

Jesus very specifically stated that he was sent only for the lost sheep of Israel (sinful Jews). He never once preached to crowds of gentiles. Indeed, when he sent the disciples out to missionize, he specifically required them to avoid Gentiles.

"These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, 'Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'"

What do you think about universal concepts like noetic laws? Many of Jesus' teachings were directed at Jews, simply because the "new covenant" :( had not yet been established. However, this does not prevent his teachings from being applied, unadulterated, to Gentiles. This is not the case, for example, tithe.

However, consider the metaphorical interpretation of this text:

Hebrews 7:5 NIV

Now the law requires that the descendants of Levi who become priests collect a tenth from the people, that is, from their Israelite brothers, although they are also descendants of Abraham.

Galatians 3:6-9;14

So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. Scripture predicted that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” So those who trust in faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. ... He redeemed us so that the blessing given to Abraham would come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

It sounds a little strange, but many religious leaders interpret themselves as Levites by faith.

IndigoChild5559

What do you think about universal concepts like noetic laws?
I assume you mean the Noahide laws, aka the laws that Noah followed. There are certainly some moral principles that seem to be shared by people worldwide: don't steal, don't murder, don't cheat on your spouse, etc. These specific kinds of moral principles appear to have their root in the basic human instincts of empathy and fairness. The golden rule also appears to be fairly universal.

Betho_br

Luke 1:30-35 KJV

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jacob, Joseph's father, upgraded Joseph's two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim, so that they would have the same right as Jacob's own sons to their inheritance (Genesis 48:5). When the number 14 was employed in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1, it signified the restoration of the house of Jacob.

jimb

Premium Member
@Betho_br

How do you know that Jesus never preached to crowds of Gentiles? Did you poll those many people that heard Him and ask if they were Jews or Gentiles?

Are you aware of the scene of Jesus talking with the Samaritan woman at the well? (John 4:4-26}

He revealed to her that He was the Messiah before He revealed it to anyone else. If you know anything about the culture of that time, the Samaritans were despised by the Jews, and women were regarded as clearly lower in status than men.

Your argument is ridiculous!

You might want to carefully read Jesus' words in Matthew 11:25-30 (with my emphasis), "At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son decides to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.”

IndigoChild5559

How do you know that Jesus never preached to crowds of Gentiles? Did you poll those many people that heard Him and ask if they were Jews or Gentiles?
I will the first one to say the Gospels are utterly unreliable in terms of history. Right now however, we are not really discussing the historical Jesus, but the Jesus of Christians, who base their ideas on the four gospels.

Simply put, we have the following from the gospels.
  1. Jesus' remark that he has come only for the lost children of Israel (sinful Jews).
  2. Jesus' instructions to his disciples when he sent them out to avoid Gentile cities.
  3. Jesus referring to Gentiles as dogs.
  4. Lack of any mention of Jesus speaking to any Gentile crowd.
  5. The only recorded instances of Jesus interacting with Gentiles were with individuals, and the encounters were not something he planned, such as the Samaritan woman at the well, or the instance when the Centurion comes to ask Jesus to heal his servant.
The ONLY place where Jesus mentions going to the Gentiles is in Matthew, where he instructs his DISCIPLES to go unto all the world. However, since this does not happen until just prior to his ascension, it in no way implies JESUS ever doing such a thing.

IndigoChild5559

Luke 1:30-35 KJV

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jacob, Joseph's father, upgraded Joseph's two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim, so that they would have the same right as Jacob's own sons to their inheritance (Genesis 48:5). When the number 14 was employed in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1, it signified the restoration of the house of Jacob.
I'm a little confuse what connection see between Jacob/Joseph/Manasseh/Ephraim and your passage about the Angel Gabriel appearing to Mary. The only mention in that passage is "the house of Jacob." This is simply do to the normal Jewish understanding that the Messiah would be a human king who will rule over Israel during the Messianic Era. Is that what you were trying to say?

Betho_br

I'm a little confuse what connection see between Jacob/Joseph/Manasseh/Ephraim and your passage about the Angel Gabriel appearing to Mary. The only mention in that passage is "the house of Jacob." This is simply do to the normal Jewish understanding that the Messiah would be a human king who will rule over Israel during the Messianic Era. Is that what you were trying to say?

Psalm 78:67-68 NVI
67 Then he rejected the tents of Joseph,
he did not choose the tribe of Ephraim;

68 but he chose the tribe of Judah,
Mount Zion, which he loved

When will the restoration of Joseph's tabernacle take place?

IndigoChild5559

Psalm 78:67-68 NVI
67 Then he rejected the tents of Joseph,
he did not choose the tribe of Ephraim;

68 but he chose the tribe of Judah,
Mount Zion, which he loved

When will the restoration of Joseph's tabernacle take place?
The "tents of Joseph" refer to the brief period of time that the Tabernacle had a semi-permanent location in Shiloh. However, God chose for Solomon to build the permanent Temple in Jerusalem, which replaced the Tabernacle.

No, there will never again be a movable Tabernacle. However, it the hope of some Jews that the Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt. I doubt that we will see that done in our day, but who knows.

jimb

Premium Member
I will the first one to say the Gospels are utterly unreliable in terms of history. Right now however, we are not really discussing the historical Jesus, but the Jesus of Christians, who base their ideas on the four gospels.

1. Jesus' remark that he has come only for the lost children of Israel (sinful Jews).
  2. Jesus' instructions to his disciples when he sent them out to avoid Gentile cities.
  5. The only recorded instances of Jesus interacting with Gentiles were with individuals, and the encounters were not something he planned, such as the Samaritan woman at the well, or the instance when the Centurion comes to ask Jesus to heal his servant.
The ONLY place where Jesus mentions going to the Gentiles is in Matthew, where he instructs his DISCIPLES to go unto all the world. However, since this does not happen until just prior to his ascension, it in no way implies JESUS ever doing such a thing.
You can extract whatever "proof texts" that you want from the Bible, but it is just as easy to find texts that are in disagreement.

I should you (above) that Jesus came for all people, not just "sinful Jews". If you need to, reread my post #8 in this thread.

Why are you so bigoted? Gentiles are not "dogs"! Jesus came for all people, Jews and Gentiles.

IndigoChild5559

You can extract whatever "proof texts" that you want from the Bible, but it is just as easy to find texts that are in disagreement.

I should you (above) that Jesus came for all people, not just "sinful Jews". If you need to, reread my post #8 in this thread.

Why are you so bigoted? Gentiles are not "dogs"! Jesus came for all people, Jews and Gentiles.
Please give me just ONE verse where it says Jesus spoke to large crowds of Gentiles, as you claim. Just one.

jimb

Premium Member
Please give me just ONE verse where it says Jesus spoke to large crowds of Gentiles, as you claim. Just one.
Please give me just ONE verse where it says that everyone that Jesus spoke to were Jews.

BTW, I never said that Jesus spoke to large crowds of gentiles, so STOP TWISTING MY WORDS!

jimb

Premium Member

There is NO DIFFERENCE between the Jesus portrayed in the Bible and the "Jesus of Christians". THERE IS ONLY ONE JESUS CHRIST.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Egyptian Light and Hebrew Fire

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

The Ancient Egyptian Roots of Christianity

Christianity: An Ancient Egyptian Religion

Ancient Egypt: Cradle of Early Christianity

Out of Egypt: The Roots of Christianity Revealed

Egyptian Mythology: An Enthralling Overview of Egyptian Myths, Gods, and Goddesses

Psalm 78 New International Version

In verses 64-67 of Psalm 78, there is a significant account of God's rejection of the descendants of Joseph, who was married to Asenath, the daughter of Pentephres, an Egyptian priest. Consequently, the tribe of Ephraim, one of Joseph's tribes, was not chosen by God (v. 67). This decision had profound implications, including in the context of Jesus’s ministry. He took refuge in the territory of Ephraim to avoid persecution from Jewish leaders (John 11:54), which further intensified the rejection he faced.

According to the biblical narrative, God transferred the scepter from Joseph to the tribe of Judah, as originally predicted by Jacob (Gen 49:8-12). During Joseph’s time, these promises might have seemed contradictory to what God had said about him (Gen 49:22-26). Joseph had been blessed with a significant future, with his sons Ephraim and Manasseh controlling vast territories. However, the ultimate reality described in Psalm 78 was that God would reject the prominence of Joseph and his tribes.

The scepter was passed to Judah in the person of David, who became the king of Israel. This scepter remained with David and his lineage, fulfilling the prophecy given by Jacob, which stated that the scepter would not depart from Judah until the one to whom it truly belongs comes, the one who would be honored by all nations (Gen 49:10). Thus, the shift in tribal leadership represents a significant transition in biblical history, aligning with the prophecy and divine purposes for the governance of Israel.

The notable aspect of Psalm 78 is that it employs the term "parable," a method that Jesus frequently uses in the Gospels.

The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah

The Forty-Two Judges

Do the 42 judges recall the 42 judges from Matt's sentencing trial?

Prophecies in the Hebrew Bible about the Conversion of Egypt, Ephraim, and Manasseh

1. Isaiah 19:18-25:
- Verse 18: “In that day there will be five cities in the land of Egypt that speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord of Hosts. One of them will be called the City of Destruction.”
- Verse 19: “In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border.”
- Verse 20: “It will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of Hosts in the land of Egypt; when they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One who will deliver them.”
- Verse 21: “The Lord will be known to Egypt; the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day; they will make sacrifices and offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and perform them.”
- Verse 22: “The Lord will strike Egypt, striking but healing; and they will return to the Lord, and He will listen to their pleas and heal them.”
- Verse 23: “In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt, and the Egyptians into Assyria; and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.”
- Verse 24: “In that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the land.”
- Verse 25: “The Lord of Hosts will bless them, saying: ‘Blessed be Egypt My people, Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.’”

2. Zechariah 10:6:
- “I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph. I will restore them because I have compassion on them; and they shall be as though I had not cast them aside; for I am the Lord their God, and I will hear them.”

3. Ezekiel 29:13-16:
- Verse 13: “For thus says the Lord God: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the peoples among whom they were scattered.”
- Verse 14: “And I will return the Egyptians to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin; and there they shall be a lowly kingdom.”
- Verse 15: “It shall be the most lowly of kingdoms, and never again exalt itself above the nations; and I will diminish them so that they will no longer rule over the nations.”
- Verse 16: “And it shall no longer be the house of Israel a confidence for them, bringing to remembrance the iniquity when they turn to her. Then they will know that I am the Lord God.”

References to Egypt in the Christian Bible ("New Testament'")

1. Matthew 2:13-15:
- Verse 13: “Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, ‘Rise, take the child and His mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child to destroy Him.’”
- Verse 14: “And he rose and took the child and His mother by night and departed to Egypt,”
- Verse 15: “and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, ‘Out of Egypt I called My Son.’”

2. Matthew 2:19-21:
- Verse 19: “But when Herod died, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,”
- Verse 20: “saying, ‘Rise, take the child and His mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child’s life are dead.’”
- Verse 21: “And he rose and took the child and His mother and went to the land of Israel.”

Egypt is frequently mentioned in the New Testament as a place of refuge during Jesus' infancy, according to Hebrew Bible ("Old Testament") prophecies. The prophetic references to Egypt in Isaiah and Ezekiel also emphasize the transformation and future redemption of nations that were historically enemies or opposed to Israel.

The first thing to bear in mind about "prophecy" in the bible (or anywhere else) is that any prophecy claimed to be successful is vastly more compelling as evidence that it was written after the event than as evidence of any kind of supernatural foreknowledge.

IndigoChild5559

Please give me just ONE verse where it says that everyone that Jesus spoke to were Jews.

BTW, I never said that Jesus spoke to large crowds of gentiles, so STOP TWISTING MY WORDS!
You said, "How do you know that Jesus never preached to crowds of Gentiles?" which certainly implies that you think he did.

I gave you all sorts of scriptural reasons. but you never dealt with each of them.

IndigoChild5559

There is NO DIFFERENCE between the Jesus portrayed in the Bible and the "Jesus of Christians". THERE IS ONLY ONE JESUS CHRIST.
I didn't say the Christian Jesus was different than the Jesus of the Bible. What I said was that the HISTORICAL Jesus was not the same as the Christian Jesus/Jesus of the Bible.