• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wayofthespirit's artwork

*Deleted*

Meant to add...I think (IMHO) that art might be our best spiritual impulse. When I've been in the caves in southwestern France, seen the cave art from close to 20,000 years ago, I was moved in a way that I rarely am in any type of religious setting. In the new movie, Cave of Forgotten Dreams (try to see it!)---it's about Chauvet (the art on the cave walls--close to 35,000 years old)--it is as if the walls can speak.

Wayofthespirit

I am a Monotheistic Deist
Wow brilliant work there. I wish I was good at art but I have not recieved that gift.

It isn’t all about being gifted you know.
Let me give you an example.

I produced the abstract entitled 'life bursting forth' by pouring layers of paint, one on top of the other, with white first and gradually getting darker.
Then I produced the content by blowing back the darker colours with the end of a straw.
Nothing else, and that was job done.....tremendous fun but not much ‘gift’

I once did a school demo where I divided the year group into sections of six pupils in each, and got each pupil to take turns to pour the paint.
Then each took turns in blowing back the paint to create abstract shapes.
At end of term the school held an auction of the paintings with the names of each pupil who had participated in each painting, and the parents went crazy to secure the painting that their child had helped to produce.
Gifted or not every child played their part.

[FONT=&quot]Not that much different from the story of ‘life’, eh?[/FONT]

Wayofthespirit

I am a Monotheistic Deist
Meant to add...I think (IMHO) that art might be our best spiritual impulse. When I've been in the caves in southwestern France, seen the cave art from close to 20,000 years ago, I was moved in a way that I rarely am in any type of religious setting. In the new movie, Cave of Forgotten Dreams (try to see it!)---it's about Chauvet (the art on the cave walls--close to 35,000 years old)--it is as if the walls can speak.

I have a son living in that area and I would like to talk with about what you say.
Could you please contact me somehow?
Mike.